MA-020VE AWD Mini-Z Chassis Set by Kyosho
This product was added to our catalog on January 15, 2016.
Evolutionary MA-020 chassis design - next level MINI-Z AWD performance
The Kyosho MA-020VE AWD Mini-Z Chassis design incorporates advanced four wheel independent suspension and shaft driven 4WD with precision differential gears on front and rear, all controlled by the pre-installed ASF 2.4GHz unit. Never before has such incredible performance fit in the palm of your hand! The one-piece receiver-amp unit features a Chase Mode that gives your racing a turbo-boost of excitement. When used with a compatible 3-channel transmitter (sold separately), the Chase Mode acts as a power limiter to restrict output to 70% of full throttle. However, when the opportunity presents itself, push the 3rd button and output is instantaneously increased to 100% for a 3-second burst of speed. Inspired by the boost button on full-size formula racing machines, this feature dramatically increases the intensity of the racing action!
Restricting the maximum speed actually allows better driving lines and easier control, but once the overtake button is pushed, the machine surges forward like a rocket! However once you’re in front, you become the hunted. The lead can change numerous times during a race, adding greater excitement to your racing battles. Also, a handicap can be added to Chase mode so it can only be used a set number of times per machine (optional No.82080/I.C.S. USB adapter and computer are required). This allows beginners to compete with experienced drivers on a more even footing.
An optional gyro can be installed inside the upper cover that will evaluate the running posture of the model and automatically correct the steering and throttle for smoother control. This makes it easier to drive, especially for beginners and drift drivers. As this set is packaged without transmitter, it is ideal for existing owners of an ASF 2.4GHz MINI-Z Racer, making it economical as a 2nd or even 3rd model. The advanced AWD chassis and the blistering acceleration from the brushless motor and Chase Mode produce addictive levels of excitement and racing action.
About Chase Mode
“Chase mode” function limits the power output to 70% of full throttle. When the moment comes to attack, a push of the 3rd channel button on the transmitter increases power output to 100% for a 3-second burst of speed. This enables greater driving control and also adds the excitement of overtaking duals so drivers can enjoy nose to tail racing battles. Also, the number of power boosts can be set to apply a handicapping system to level the playing field for drivers of different experience levels. At the time of shipment, the overtake function is set to a maximum of 5 times per race. NOTE: Chase mode requires optional KYO82080/I.C.S. USB adapter and PC to change handicap settings.
How to activate Chase mode
Out of the box, Chase mode is set with its standard 100% power output setting. Chase mode is activated simply by pressing and holding down the pairing button.
How does the Chase mode Handicap System Work?
The number of 3-second Chase mode speed bursts of 100% power output can be adjusted for each race. Depending on the driver’s skill level, the number of Chase mode speed bursts can be set higher or lower, and therefore allows you to use a handicapping system for the race. Drivers of any skill or confidence level can compete effectively and enjoy racing with this handicap system.
The number of speed bursts in Chase mode is counted from when the chassis power is switched on until it is switched off. Each time the chassis power is switched on, the number of speed bursts enabled is reset allowing the handicap to be applied at the start of each race.
Number of speed bursts for each Handicap Class:
- Chase mode Legend - 1 times
- Chase mode Champ - 3 times
- No Handicap - 5 times
- Handicap +1 - 6 times
- Handicap +2 - 7 times
- Handicap +3 - 8 times
- Handicap +4 - 9 times
- Handicap +5 - 10 times
- Handicap +6 - 15 times
- Handicap +MAX - 250 times
- Revised front suspension. MA-020 chassis takes an evolutionary step with DWS installed on rear as standard.
- Incorporates the proven front suspension of the MR-03. Maintains excellent controllability, even with change in tread. Also equipped with VCS.
- Incorporates down stop mechanism, ball connect suspension shaft and friction shock with damping force adjusted by grease as standard.
- Includes 2.4GHz brushless circuit board that requires no frequency band selection.
- Optional gyro unit can be installed. Detects running posture changes and automatically corrects with steering and throttle.
- Optional scramble flasher compatible (not included) that flashes to indicate when overtake mode is activated, lights up when it’s available to use and goes out when it is not available.
- Brushless power system for more speed!
- Rear double wishbone suspension (DWS) installed.
- ASF2.4GHz R/C system removes need to manage frequency bands. **Transmitter sold separately.
- Up to 40 cars can be run at the same time.
- Ultra fast signal processing speed results in almost instantaneous control response.
- Shipped in standard setup. Can be changed to Chase Mode. Overtake function of Chase Mode turns up the heat in racing.
- Other setting changes can be adjusted using the I.C.S. USB adapter (sold separately).
- LED indicator shows power status.
- AWD machine delivers free control of posture for smooth drift control.
- Using the narrowest 65mm chassis design, most MINI-Z 01/015 body styles can be installed.
- Equipped with four ball bearings as standard.
- Zero point specification with factory-set steering neutral point delivers superior straight running.
- Control timing of reverse can be adjusted.
- Optional long span rear suspension arm (upper, lower) can be installed.
Tread (F/R): 56.5-63.5mm / 56.5-61mm
Tire (F/R): 25.0 (sold separately)
Gear Ratio: 7.2, 6.4, 6.0, 5.7, 5.3, 5.0, 4.5 : 1
Weight: 120g (approx.)
Motor: 130-class motor
- Factory assembled chassis with R/C unit installed
- Pinion gear (15T, 17T, 19T, 21T)
- Spur gear for wheelbases: 27T, 29T, 31T each for M, for L, for LL
- Parts for changing wheelbase
- Parts set for changing tread
- Rear suspension spacers for chassis height adjustment
- Pinion gear tool
- Spare nut
- Wheel wrench
- Pairing stick
Needed to Complete:
- Auto Scale Collection body
- Mini-Z Wheels & Tires
- 3-channel transmitter for MINI-Z compatible with ASF 2.4GHz
- Kyosho EX-5UR ASF (KYO82011)
- ASF unit for KO 3-channel transmitter (KOP80522)
- Perfex KT-18 transmitter (KYO82001EBK-B) (Not compatible with Chase mode)
- (4) AAA-size alkaline or Ni-MH batteries for chassis.
- Batteries for transmitter
- I.C.S. USB adapter for using I.C.S. functions and Chase Mode adjustment (KYO82080)