LaTrax Alias Ready-To-Fly Micro Electric Quadcopter Drone by Traxxas
This is the LaTrax Alias Ready-To-Fly Micro Electric Quad-Copter. Alias is a clean-sheet design that focuses on the performance and design elements that make flying, and even learning to fly, fun. The first mission objective was durability. Alias is built around a unique molded-composite frame that is combined with clever high-tech construction to make it extremely light and virtually indestructible. Your flying fun goes on and on without worrying about breakage from crash damage. The next mission was performance. Fun always comes from having more power so Alias' motors have 50% more power than standard motors, and when combined with the lightweight design and high-tech materials, Alias is lightning quick and ultra-responsive. A completely redesigned flight control system was developed that provides unmatched 6-axis stability that works in the background without impacting performance and speed. It acts like a virtual spring that snaps Alias back to level controlled flight no matter what situation you find yourself in. New pilots can fly faster and perform aerobatic maneuvers sooner than they ever thought possible with Alias' unique flight control system.
Alias Quad-Copter Features:
- Quad-rotor thrust with auto-leveling 6-axis flight system
- Three customizable flight modes: Easy, Fast, Expert
- Easy Mode – Auto-leveling with limited flight angle
- Fast Mode – Auto-leveling with more aggressive flight angles and one-button flips, rolls, and twists
- Expert Mode – Disables auto-leveling, fully adjustable rates, perform manual maneuvers, and one-button auto-leveling recovery
- Crash-proof, virtually indestructible design!
- Integrated high-intensity LED optics light the way for increased night visibility
- Four high-output motors – 50% more power than standard motors
- Colorful and interchangeable rotor blades, LED lenses, and canopies
- 2.4GHz multi-mode transmitter eliminates frequency conflicts
- Telemetry-enabled battery fuel gauge
- Exciting push-button aerobatics in Fast Mode
- Perform one-button 3D flips, rolls, and twists
- Includes a high-capacity 650mAh LiPo battery for long flight times
- USB-powered, high-output fast battery charger
- Soft-compound rubber feet
- Top-mounted drivetrain
- Molded two-piece, two-color canopy
- 100% fully assembled and Ready-To-Fly
2.4GHz Transmitter Features:
- Reliable 2.4GHz control
- Low battery indicators for transmitter and helicopter receiver
- Electronic trim controls
- Digital trim indicators
- Internal antenna
- LCD display keeps you informed
- Interchangeable control sticks and thumb pads
- Traxxas Link model memory stores up to 10 models
- Powered by Traxxas
Blade Circle: 14.78" (375.30mm)
Rotor Diameter: 5.51" (140.00mm)
Rotor Center Distance Diagonal: 9.25" (235.00mm)
Rotor Hub Distance Vertical: 6.54" (166.20mm)
Width: 12.07" (306.50mm)
Overall Height: 1.69" (42.90mm)
Ground Clearance: 0.47" (11.90mm)
Overall Flight Weight (with Battery): 3.53 oz (100g)
Flight System: Auto-Leveling Six-Axis
Radio System: 2.4GHz 6-channel Multi-mode
Main Frame Structure/Material: Molded Composite
Gear Ratio: 11:78
Battery Type: Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Battery Voltage: 3.7V
Battery Capacity: 650mAh
Battery Discharge Rating: 20C
Battery Charger Rate: 1000mA (high), 500mA (low)
Flight Time: Up to 15 Minutes
Motor Type: Brushed, Coreless
- 650mAh LiPo Battery Pack
- USB-powered LiPo Charger
- 1.5mm Hex Wrench
- (4) Traxxas "AAA" Alkaline Batteries
- Spare Rotor Blade Set
- Spare Hardware
- Thumb Sticks
NOTE: The model shown may not be an accurate representation of the body color/paint scheme you will receive. Paint schemes are selected randomly. The LaTrax Alias model TRA6608 is available in four different colors; Rally Red, Victory Green, Brilliant Blue and Speed Orange. If you would like a specific color, or scheme, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
This product was added to our catalog on November 21, 2013.
LaTrax Alias is has a lot of excitement packed between for rotor blades. It has a exhilirating sound (something reminiscent of a Sci-Fi movie). It is a blast to watch it fly smoothly at night (specially with all the LED's) - very UFO like.
On my fourth flight had a major crash. One of the Bearing-Assemblies came apart - ceased mid-air - then flipped the quad, only to smack the pavement. Damage: Cracked fuselage, two shafts bent, lower assembly cracked.
Called Traxxas to talk about this accident without being pushy or insistent. They were friendly and quick to respond. So they offered to look at it. Less than 10 days later I have a completely overhauled LaTrax - motors and the works. It was a pleasure to have dealt with this company - Traxxas stood by their product.
I do hope Traxxas will develop more "flying" machines - since they have done an excellent job of this one. Will be eager to do more business with them.)
One of the features I like the most is the power of the stock motors, they have more than enough "juice" to pull you out of any compromised situation were instant power is needed. By the way, the motor issues from earlier runs have long being addressed by Latrax, durability and reliability of the actual series are just fine (I have 3 Aliases), but if you ever experience a problem just contact costumer support, their service is second to none!
Latrax web page has tons of info, support documents and videos that are worth to check out.
You can't go wrong with this quad!
Happy Flying :)