This is the Kyosho Ultima RB7 1/10 2WD Electric Buggy Kit. Having achieved the golden double of 1st place and TQ in the 2WD class at the 2013 IFMAR Electric Off-Road World Championship, the RB6 series has maintained its performance edge through continuous running change improvements. The RB7 represents the next evolution that excels with the increased power & speed on high-grip artificial turf and carpet surfaces of today’s off-road racing scene.
Based on the ultra low center of gravity of the RB6.6 low-down midship, the RB7 features improved flex characteristics from its thinner, lighter, and 4mm shorter wheelbase main chassis. Combined with an aero body design, high downforce wing, updated front and rear suspension arms and revised ackerman steering knuckles, the RB7 is ready to take on the competition.
- 4mm shorter, 2.5mm thick, 7075 hard anodized aluminum chassis, delivers faster cornering and increased grip with optimized flex.
- Improved front knuckles/hubs provides better handling with updated ackerman location.
- Updated body and wing with integrated fin for more traction and stability.
- Gull-wing style front suspension arms for improved response, with optional front sway bar mounting positions.
- Multi-configuration rear suspension arms. (short/long via inserts)
- Aluminum rear suspension holders included in kit.
- Wing is now screw mounted and wing stay has improved durability.
- Updated design "waterfall" transmission brace.
- Updated ring captured universals for increased reliability.
- Includes lowered spring cups for high traction situations
- Chassis: Using the same A7075 T6 grade hard anodized aluminum as the RB6.6, the 0.5mm thinner RB7 main chassis is milled for lighter weight with optimal flex. 4mm shorter wheelbase improved cornering and responsiveness.
- Body: Body and wing has integrated fin that continues into the wing for increased stability and more traction. Lower and narrower cockpit with revised windshield angle provides a more responsive feel than it's predecessor.
- Front Suspension Arms: Gullwing front suspension arms provide better response and improved mid corner steering.
- Steering Knuckle: Steering knuckles with revised ackerman position improves corner speed.
- Gear Box: Low down 3 gear mid ship transmission is complemented by a new "waterfall" transmission brace designed for optimal chassis flex. With additional parts, the gearbox set up can be changed to rear motor, 3 gear mid, or 4 gear mid, to suit any track conditions you might encounter.
- Rear Suspension Arms & Universals: The multi-configuration rear suspension arms length can be adjusted via inserts to suit any conditions. Revised universals have ring captured pins to improve reliability under load.
- Rear Wing: Updated design thicker rear wing and screw on wing mounting creates a more stable platform to increase downforce to the rear wheels for more traction and stability.
Tread (F/R): F:221mm / R:201mm
Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Weight: 1550g (approx.)
- Unassembled kit
- Clear body &wing
- X-GEAR ball diff grease, high graphite grease, shock springs
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Steering servo
- 1/10 ESC & Motor
- Battery for chassis
- Tires and Inserts
- Battery Charger
- Pinion Gear
- Paint For Body
This product was added to our catalog on August 27, 2018
the Rb7 steering system is outdated with no bearings on the Ackerman bar, ae have added this feature since the B5 series.
it’s a fun and capable car running in stock class.
Didn’t have to add or reduce weight came in on point at 1500g
Didn’t come with a stock spur gear had to purchase separately.
Plastic ball stud shims and plastic shocks mountings are too cheap they are very sloppy and the ball studs don’t accept the 2mm wrench.
Although the rb7 is a Very stable vehicle on track just way overpriced for what you get in the box.
Thing is, the plastic tree parts are annoying as fak. Plastic washers and shock caps kinda suck. The slop in shock ends is beyond anything I've felt before. Has potential, kyosho needs to clean up some loose ends.
I guess trying to compare this to my Hot Bodies buggies isn't gonna happen, bang for buck there is no comparison. In kit quality and what you get in the box.
Can't go wrong with Kyosho and this won't be my last! ZX7 is next on my list!