Kodo UAV RTF Micro Electric Quadcopter Drone by Dromida w/Camera
This is the Dromida Kodo UAV Ready to Fly Micro Electric Quad-Copter, with built in camera. You can pay big bucks for a camera-equipped drone if you want to. But why, when you can have the KODO for just $59.99? It's as complete as any ready-to-fly quad out there, shoots crystal-clear photos and videos, does flips at the touch of a button and measures just 3.5 inches (90mm) diagonally. And that's just the beginning.
You see small, and you think "fragile". The KODO is anything but. Smart construction makes it first-timer tough and big-time durable. The KODO is not only hard to damage, it's also easy to fly. Its advanced electronics include a stabilization system that puts a 3-axis gyro and 3 accelerometers to work keeping the KODO right-side up and level. Plus, the radio gives you a choice of three flight modes — Easy, Normal and Expert — so you can start with it, stay with it and most of all, have fun with it! In fact, with the Auto Flip button, you can do 360° flips like the pros your first time out!
It's complete, too; the KODO is ready to fly, with nothing to buy. You get everything, in one box, right down to "AAA" batteries for the 2.4GHz radio. One final thing to remember: the KODO offers the digital camera, the toughness, the ease and the completeness for less than any other camera-equipped quad. Don't wait for your birthday or the holidays. Get yours now and start shooting photos and videos tomorrow!
- Fully assembled quadcopter: Molded plastic airframe offers exceptional toughness and crash-resistance. Comes finished, with motors, blades and all electronics already installed.
- 2.4GHz Radio System: The ultimate in dependable, interference-free flight
- Auto Flip button: Push for pro-style flips whenever you want
- Multiple Flight Modes — Easy, Normal and Expert: So you can customize handling and choose the flight assistance features you want
- Battery Power Level LED: To let you know when it's time to recharge
- Digital Micro Camera: For a bird's-eye view of the world. Shoots still photos and videos. Includes card reader and 2GB memory card. Just load, fly and shoot! Shoots 1280x960 jpeg files and 780x480 .avi files.
- High-Intensity LED Lights: For easy tracking across the sky, day or night
- Advanced Stabilization System: Combines a 3-axis gyro and 3 accelerometer for stable, level flight
- 1S, 3.7V 390mAh LiPo battery: Lightweight and power packed. Recharges fast, for flights that can last up to 6 minutes
- High-Output USB Charger: To get you back into the air in minimum time
- Extra Blades: For quick replacement
- Blade Guards: For protection against minor impacts
- "AAA" Batteries: Convenient power for the radio — one less thing for you to buy
Diagonal Measurement: 3.5 in (90 mm)
Weight: 1.8 oz (52 g)
- Fully assembled quadcopter
- 2.4GHz radio system
- Integrated digital camera
- Card reader
- 2GB memory card
- Rechargeable 1S 3.7V 390mAh LiPo battery and USB charger
- (2) "AAA” batteries
- (4) extra blades
- (4) blade guards
This product was added to our catalog on January 20, 2015.
It's a great little quad for the price. What I love about it is that it is small and can easily be carried with you almost anywhere. I have it stored in a small sandwich sized container, it is easy to throw in my backpack when hiking or mountain biking. For this reason I find that I fly this quad very often, its just so easy to bring with you.
The quad does great indoors or out. Even in moderate wind it will do just fine, -just takes a bit more effort to keep it from drifting. I wouldn't recommend it in strong wind however, -I am talking anything over about 15-20mph gusts may be a bit much for it. So no flying it near the ocean.
The camera on this quad is a pretty basic camera. You can't compare it to a GoPro, -but at $60 for this quad what do you expect? It actually takes usable video and photos. You can look on YouTube to get an idea of the video quality, -it's decent.
Really for the price I can't fault the camera, I'd probably have paid the $60 for this quad w/o the camera and still loved it.
The quad has 4 lights, 2 red and 2 blue which help you orient direction at night or dusk. Also the quad has some built in acrobatics you can easily perform.
Oh one thing I didn't like were the prop guards, -I immediately took them off (actually dremelled them off as that was easier than taking off the props and motors, etc). The guards made the copter larger than it needed to be and I can fly well enough that I don't need the guards. Keep them off if your learning, but if you know how to fly a quad you'll be best w/o them. They only add weight and size.)