Lay Down Trigger & Handbrake Mode, with KR-418FH Receiver!
The KO Propo EX-LDT Radio Transmitter incorporates an incredibly unique trigger system that uses a lay down 90° trigger axis. This allows the user to squeeze and press the trigger, more naturally with their fingertips. The ergonomic design does not disturb your fingers, and provides a seamless and highly linear feel through the entire stroke. This helps to make throttle and brake inputs smoother and more enjoyable. This appearance, which is also focused purely on operational feel, takes control to a new level. Plus, it allows the transmitter to better fit the hands younger drivers.
- Adjustable Lever to Optimize for Finger Size: Everyone’s finger size is different. The spacer can be adjusted so to fit different sizes. 1mm steps and maximum of 5mm of adjustment.
- Throttle Unit can Slide Forward & Back: Adjust throttle position by hand size or finger length.
- Tension Adjustment: Tension of the trigger spring can be adjusted to your preference.
- Normal & Wide Trigger Lever Included: Normal width 17mm and wide 21mm trigger levers are included to suit different size fingers.
- Sensor: Sensor is the durable Expert Grip 2 and Drop down extension 2 which provides a better feel during operation.
- Charging Port: An XH type balance port is recessed in the base, and 3-pin XH charging cable is included, allowing the battery to be charged without removing it from the transmitter. Max battery size: 88x18x32cm
- Drop down extension Unit 2: Superior durability and feel with an updated angle sensor for both steering and throttle. Prevents deterioration due to wear, which is a common problem with contact sensors. Along with smoother sliding, the durability is approximately 100 times better compared with the previous sensor. Plus, the sensor outputs a more linear signal to the Master Unit, to provide a more connected feel with your model.
- More Bearings: Increased steering shaft support bearings for improved accuracy. The double-support design increases precision and reliability.
- Soft Extension Unit Spring: The normal spring included in the extension unit has been modified to provide a more linear feel regardless of wheel position. The previous spring used was a progressive spring becoming stiffer as the wheel angle increased. Adjustable spring tension allows the spring tension to be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Update software V2.12:
- Break-in function - THROTTLE >BRK-IN: This function is useful for break-in which many electric drivers do for diff-oil maintenance and ball diff assembly. You are able to fix the throttle to Low by setting a time limit before driving. This is a function to minimize the feeling change of the cornering characteristics due to the temperature change of the differential before a run. Not only the operating time can be changed but also the throttle input can be adjusted to your preferred speed. In addition, the break-in function starts with an assigned ET/BT key and the buzzer of the EX-RR sounds during operation so you can see immediately that the break-in function is activated. Also, in case of an emergency KO Propo have also equipped the function to stop in case of an emergency by operating the key again.
- Hand break function - THROTTLE > H-BRK: KO Propo added a hand brake function that will allow users to use this drift technique. Like an actual vehicle, even if you operate the throttle trigger the set amount of brake will be applied while operating the assigned ET/BT key. In addition to drift cars, this can be used for regular RC cars to create an understeer feeling.
- Added alert and changed operating procedure in the ALL REST function.
- Display of 3CH/4CH positions is changed to display a Value (ex. NOW:+100)
- Added changeable value in the Gyro mode of 3CH/4CH
- Steering direct function is changed so that it can be stopped by adding to Steering > Travel menu.
- Other small bugs fixed
- KR-418FH included: Included receiver is the KR-418FH which is compatible with HCS operation. This is a micro size receiver with a 28x18.3x18.5mm footprint. HCS is KO PROPO’s own propiortary high-speed communication system. The HCS mode shortens communication time of the signal between the receiver to the servo which is compressed up to 1/4 compared to the former system. Allows faster response when used with RSx3/BSx3 servos.
- EX-LDT Transmitter With
- (1) Expert Grip Unit LDT
- (1) Master Unit EX-LDT
- (1) LCD Xpansion Unit EX-104S
- (1) Aluminum Steering Wheel 4
- (1) Drop down Extension Unit2
- (1) Normal stand unit
- (1) KR-418FH Receiver
- Other: RX mode selector/Throttle Lever(wide)/Trigger Pad/Brake spacer/Balance terminal extension cable
This makes even less sense when considering the rest of the radio, from the laydown trigger mechanism, to the EPIC steering wheel construction and feel, to the feel and quality of every switch and button.
Sadly, this seems to be state of the art in R/C in 2020. The Sanwa M12, even the mighty 4PL are nice-ish, but still have a part here or there that feels nearly toy grade. For what they're still charging for them, this is unacceptable.
Still, overall, I'm willing to put up with the bad for the ohhhhhh so good. Still, you're Japan, stop acting like China.