Kiss 24A Race Edition ESC by Flyduino
KISS ESCs are very well known within the FPV racing community for providing excellent compatibility when paired with nearly any motor on the market. This simple offering was perfected over years of improving both software and hardware on each ESC. The 24A Race Edition, or "RE", is designed to withstand the abuse of typical FPV racing events and crashes. However not everything is bullet proof, and if a pilot tried hard enough it would be possible to physically destroy an ESC.
The KISS mantra is, "Keep It Super Simple", and is certainly followed in regards to firmware updates. Unlike BLHeli, Kiss has a set firmware from the factory, and rarely offers new updates. With this in mind, pilots are able to solder ESC's and go fly much quicker than compared to other brands of ESC's. Additionally, the KISS 24A RE offers telemetry functions (when using KISS FC) over a common servo connector, which has never been accomplished in the FPV industry. Items like Voltage, Amps, and RPM are displayed through the OSD (such as a MinimOSD), to your Goggles or Monitor.
Of course these ESC can be used like any regular ESC, you just need to solder wires to them.
January 2017 Update: All units are shipping with V1.08 firmware.
- 32-bit ARM Cortex MCU @ 48Mhz
- Telemetry capability (current, voltage and speed / RPM will be covered by the ESC itself and to compatible devices such as our KISS FC forwarded)
- Over current protection (measures the current and limited active at 30A)
- Fast reacting over temperature protection (reducing the gas when exceeding 120 ° C (reduces the power, not simply shutting down the unit)
- Advanced Auto Timing (3.25 to 30 ° are at each engine step readjusted, unique to the 32bit Kiss ESC line)
- For Race Multicopter Developed (24A continuous without direct cooling *)
- High max. Speed (450.000ERpm, 64.000Rpm at a 14POL Motor)
- Small dimensions (19 x 27 mm)
- Fine speed control (about 950 steps, real resolution)
- No external ElKo (electrolytic capacitor) necessary
- Fast reacting throttle changes
- Linear throttle response
- Active freewheeling enabled (little diode losses resulting in higher efficiency)
- Regenerative braking, thereby rapid throttle response at deceleration (the ESC uses active freewheeling and regenerative braking, 2 independent features which relates to each other in different working states)
- Fast switching FET by the use of gate drivers
- Minimal dead times by an adaptive dead time
- 2-5S LiPo capable
- Oneshot42, Oneshot125 and normal (25 - 500Hz) PWM is detected automatically.
This product was added to our catalog on July 8, 2016.