This is a set of JConcepts Blockers 1/8th Buggy Tires. Developed by JConcepts for the highest level of competition, the Blocker is a relative of the Stalker and the Reflex and has an even tighter tread pattern for long main events or very abrasive conditions.
JConcepts design team has focused on the carcass dimensions, profile, overall height and width to assure the best balance of weight and driveability. The Blockers began with a Stalkers style pin which has slight angle on each side for separation at the top. This fine detail gives increased bite in wet conditions providing some versatility to the design. As the pins meet the base of the tire, the spacing tightens considerably giving a stable footing for the Blockers.
JConcepts professionals analyzed the latest race worn tires and decided where and how many pins to add to this design, creating an optimal level of bite and traction. Using softer compounds such as blue and green, the tire has incredible stability and flexibility for fast qualifying. The additional pin real-estate provides a lot of cushion for extended main events and when paired with long-wear compounds such as R2 and O2 the race pace can be pushed out to 45-60 minutes with ease. The stacked row configuration and simple connected pins offer massive forward acceleration.
The aligned rows allow some surface drift making the tires forgiving in sand and bumpy track sections. The outside pin has been clipped to help drive-ability and ease the initial turn-in drivers often have concern for. The JConcepts tires include the Dirt-Tech closed cell inserts made famous by their gray color and durability.
- JConcepts original tread, available in multiple compounds
- Enlarged square, angled pins with horizontal bars
- Increased, 360 degree pin coverage over the Stalker
- Stacked tread for equal wearing
- 83mm bead mounting size for 1/8th compatibility
- Carefully shaped carcass = forward traction
- Includes Dirt-Tech closed cell inserts
JConcepts Tire Compound Applications:
- White (Medium): For High Temperature, Outdoor Racing. Intended for use on abrasive tracks.
- Blue (Soft): All purpose compound. Excels in dusty, low bite conditions.
- Orange (Soft): Intended for Black/Blue Groove conditions. Excels on Dry, High Temperature Tracks
- Gold (Indoor Soft): Developed for indoor Clay surfaces.
- Silver (Super Soft Indoor): Similar to gold, but softer. Breaks in faster, recommended on freshly groomed tracks or when a faster break in is needed.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.
- Black (Mega Soft): Recommended for conditions 59° and under, or extremely loose conditions.
- Red (Medium Soft): For high groove traction with broken sections. Excels on grippy surfaces that have taken rubber.
- Aqua: For ultra dry, dusty groove conditions. Suited to hot weather and abrasive tracks.