ISON Tuned 7 Ports .21 On Road Engine (Turbo Plug) (Steel Bearing) by Novarossi
This product was added to our catalog on February 26, 2015.
This is the Novarossi ISON Tuned 7 Ports .21 On Road Engine. Novarossi is dedicated to giving 1/8 on road racers a cost effective power plant, that punches far above its pay grade. The ISON .21 features a 7 port sleeve and a slugged/ramped tuned crank, to provide a reliable engine that produces the power needed to race, at a price that makes it a great practice engine.
- Conrod: The R7 conrod is machined from super light aluminum that has been checked ultrasonically. The unique shape of the R7 rod creates less turbulence inside the engine.
- Sleeve: The 7 port sleeve is made from hard-chromed brass (true ABC construction)
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft has been ground to increase the mixture flow and has a special shape to reduce turbulence inside the crankcase. The balancing is achieved using two tungsten slugs, and the intake has a silicon filling to reduce weight and improve acceleration.
- Glowplug: The glowplug of this engine is a Turbo type glowplug. Turbo glowplugs have a different shape than Standard glowplugs and therefore are not interchangeable with engines that use a standard glowplug.
Recommended Tuned Pipes: 51009, 51010, 51011
Recommended Manifold: 41015, 41016, 41017
Recommended Glow Plug:
- C7TGF: For ambient temperature - 32°F/41°F (0°C/5°C)
- C8TGT: For ambient temperature - 41°F/104°F (5°C/40°C)
Displacement: 3.49 cc
R.P.M. (max power): 38,800 RPM
Practical Range: 6,000-44,400 R.P.M.
Bore x Stroke: 16.26x16.80 mm
Sleeve: 7 ports
Rear Ball Bearings: Steel
Front Ball Bearings: Steel
Crankshaft: 14mm - turbo - tuned
Carburetor: Aluminum - 9mm - slide
Glowplug: Turbo (C6TGF)
Exhaust Position: Rear
Fuel Type: 25% nitro