Inferno MP9e TKI Edition 1/8 Electric 4WD Off-Road Buggy Kit by Kyosho
This product was added to our catalog on July 19, 2013.
This is the Kyosho Inferno MP9e TKI Edition 1/8 Scale Electric 4WD Off-Road Buggy Kit. The most successful chassis in history is now available in a brushless powered platform with the same MP9 TKI performance, but with the ease of electric power.
With 7 World Championship victories, the most successful racing buggy has undergone a first full model change for the 21st Century. Everything down to the last ball-end has been recreated with the focus on maximum speed and performance in a completely redesigned chassis and body development.
- 7075 Aluminum Chassis
- MP9 TKI3 Threaded Aluminum Shocks
- Big Bore Light Blue Springs
- MP9 TKI3 High Grade Ball Bearings
- Aluminum Wing Stay Collar
- MP9 TKI3 Light Weight Outdrives
- Optional Hard Rear Suspension Holder (KYOIFW407)
- Optional Hard Rear Lower Suspension Shafts (KYOIFW415)
- Optional Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers (KYOIFW414)
- Machined Aluminum EZ Motor Mount (KYOIF501)
- 7075 Aluminum Suspension and Steering Plate
- Updated Super Airflow body (Clear & Unpainted)
- Redesigned Molded Center Plate
- HD Universals Through Out
- Ultra Low C.O.G - Ultra low center of gravity, lightweight and optimal weight balance all combine to deliver the ultimate racing weapon.
- Updated Body Design - Body is slimmer and lower in height to realize aerodynamic characteristics for powerful down force and full inner cooling.
- More Down Force - Bolted on large wing generates powerful down force. Ribbing at the back results in improved rigidity.
- Composite Torque Rods - Roll center can be adjusted by changing the direction of the spacer inserted into the lower arm of the rear suspension. Also, the one-piece ball and washer ball-ends are an added maintenance feature.
- Upright Servo - Servo is mounted upright for easy maintenance and is dropped 2mm to contribute to the lower center of gravity.
- Extremely Light Weight - The smaller differential units on front and rear with grooved cup joints, aluminum balls and the flexing shape of resin parts effectively lightens the weight while giving the chassis rigidity, more durability and strength.
- Wraparound Side Guards - Grooved face in side guard matches the thickness of velcro tape and prevents dirt getting inside the chassis. Complete wraparound side guards only found on Kyosho MP9.
- Equipped With Mud Guards - Mud guards on the rear arm prevent dirt entering the drive shaft and getting inside the wheels.
- You're Covered - 3 types of servo horns are included for various R/C systems (SANWA / KO / for JR, FUTABA and Hitech)
- Hex Screws - Kit includes all hex screws enough said!
- Suspension Design - Redesigned developed suspension uses bushings for easy maintenance and rationalizes the setting order.
- Optimal Race Settings - Fine tune for the optimal race setting with adjustments to wheelbase, track width, roll center, caster angle, toe angle and camber change.
- EZ Motor Mount - The Inferno MP9e is equipped with Kyosho's own EZ gear mesh motor mount, all it takes is two simple screws and slide the whole motor till you get the perfect mesh.
- Lightweight Universal Driveshafts - The driveshafts feature a lightweight design and are made from durable steel. Installed at the front, center and rear of the drivetrain, all of the driveshafts feature a distinctive black finish.
- Standard 17mm Hubs - Now you can use all standard 17mm wheels.
- Full Ball Bearings - Full ball bearings throughout for maximum efficiency through the drive system.
- Medium Rear Shock Tower - The MP9e is equipped with the latest components like the updated Medium rear shock tower that helps out in difficult situations by giving you better handling in most conditions.
- World Championship Quality - The suspension features double A-arms, which is the same type of suspension used on the world's most sophisticated performance machines. It's durable, so you have the confidence that it's going to hold up even under extreme conditions.
Gear Ratio: 12.6:1
Weigh Approx: 3370g
- MP9e Kit
- Module 1 Steel Pinion Gear
- Clear MP9e Body
- Hex Wrenches (1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3mm)
- 17mm Wheel Wrench
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- (1) Steering Servo
- 1/8 Scale Electronic Speed Control
- 1/8 Scale Brushless Motor
- (2) 2S LiPo Battery Pack or (1) 4S LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Wheels, Tires & Tire Glue
- Shock Oil
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)
I do recommend putting CA or thread lock on more screws than the instructions recommend. I have lost a few nuts and screws driving it around my friends backyard track and the more advanced local tracks.
I have had some real problems with the differentials leaking oil. I've replaced the gaskets and they still leak. I'm going to try some gasket sealer on the differentials next. The nice thing about building the kit from the ground up is I know how it's put together and when something goes wrong, it's easy for me to know whats going on and how to fix it.
I built mind with the Tekin RX8 with 1900KV motor. I think it would be very difficult to control with a bigger motor. It's super fast with this setup. Once I learn to control it better, I will take it out and race it. In the three weeks I've been driving it, I've learned what items will break and where the weak links are. As stated before, put CA on more screws and nuts than recommended. I've lost a few nylon lock nuts which caused the rear axels to come out of the coupling. I lost one of the cap bolts that hold the steering knuckles in place. This caused a front axel to come out and ended up breaking the coupling.
Even with the couple of issues I've had, I love this car! I would not recommend it to a first timer who has never built anything from a kit. You are building the car from the ground up. It took me an entire evening just to assemble the three differentials. I did call Kyosho a few times while building it and diagnosing some of the issues, they were awesome with tech support. But, if you are comfortable with building kits (like I was with Helios), you can handle this kit. It comes with tools to assemble but you will want professional tools or your hands and arms will hurt like heck. I had most of what I needed from my Helio addiction.
I love this car and so does my buddy who has been driving RC cars for years.)
I came from a Serpent 811 2.0 BE to Kyosho MP9E TKI.
It handles perfect. I couldn't be happier with the switch.
Never going away from this buggy!)
I really like this buggy, it runs so smooth , I am not a racer just having fun