Inferno GT2 Type-R 1/8 Nitro 4WD On-Road Touring Car Kit by Kyosho
Packed with optional performance parts!
Circuit-racing spec is ready for battle.
With roll characteristics like a real car, the booming 1/8 GT category compares to 1/10 touring cars and 1/8 racing cars for control and maneuverability. On the 1/8 GT category race scene, the dynamic INFERNO GT2 Type-R chassis kit leads the way.
To realize improved circuit performance, the base GT2 is now equipped with almost 20 optional parts and packaged as a high-performance build kit. Starting with optimized chassis rigidity, high level grip is maintained around the rear, and combines with superior braking performance to ensure the weight of the chassis can be delivered to a controlled stop. The essential elements of a racing car are reliability and durability over the long periods of intense racing competition and this is something the discerning owners will appreciate about the chassis configuration and specifications of the GT2.
In addition, from 2015, the INFERNO GT2 Type-R can be entered in the new INFERNO GT2 Class of the KYOSHO CUP. Sharpen your racing edge in pursuit of the winner’s trophy; look for the machine with the ‘R’.
NOTE: Engine and electronics shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Optional special main chassis included as standard. Revised shape and material delivers increased rigidity and improved rear grip.
- Shares the same front RC layout as the 1/8 GP buggy ‘INFERNO MP9 TKI3’ for optimal weight balance and overall grip.
- Equipped with stainless brake disk and brake pad. Adjustable nut allows easy brake adjustment under the time constraints of competition.
- Aluminum oil shocks and shock stays produce firm road holding. 2.5mm stabilizers on front and rear keep roll under control.
- Strengthened servo saver delivers improved straight running stability and a more direct steering control feel.
- Side guards protect muffler and engine against unexpected knocks. Muffler mounting is more secure and is easier to uninstall.
- Rear skid plate angle changed from 2° to 0° produces improved cornering. Also equipped with center universal swing shaft for greater drive efficiency.
- 3D bumper is cut to body shape to maximize aerodynamic effect of the body without panels flapping.
- Proven high-grip KC Slick Tires (45°) are included with 5-spoke wheels. Long life compound is resistant to wear.
- Chassis Kit is equipped with optional parts optimized for circuit racing.
- Gun metallic signature color of aluminum parts marks the formidable racing style.
- Kit includes engine accessory parts such as flywheel and clutch.
- 7075 grade aluminum clutch delivers reliable clutch engagement and durability.
- Choice of F1.0mm clutch spring produces stable clutch timing.
- Simple throttle linkage setup is the same as the MP9.
- Shift timing of the shoe-type 2-speed transmission is reliable and easy to adjust.
- Basic setup for diff oil (included) is #50000 for front and #5000 for rear.
- Hex screws are used in nearly all places on the chassis for greater security.
Needed To Complete:
- Transmitter & receiver
- 2-ch, 2-servo RC system for cars
- .21-.25 class engine with rear exiting exhaust for cars
- Manifold & tuned muffler
- Engine starting tools (plug heater, fuel bottle, starter box)
- Paint for body
- Batteries for RC system
Ground Clearance: 10mm approx.
Tread (F/R): 262mm / 265mm
Tire (F/R): F96mm×42mm [ KC Slick 45°]
Gear Ratio: 1st/10.14:1 2nd/7.90:1
Weight: 3,300g (without body)
This product was added to our catalog on December 28, 2015.