The HPI Venture Toyota FJ Cruiser Scale Crawler combines a forward mounted motor, metal chassis rails and transfer case equipped drivetrain with a licensed replica Toyota FJ40 body that includes front and rear bumpers, mirrors, roof rack and rear tire mount. This gives the Venture a level of scale realism that is rare in an RTR.
Underneath the body, metal C-channel chassis rails support an all metal gear drivetrain, central transfer case and chassis mounted servo with behind the axle steering linkage to provide great scale looks, zero bump steer and incredible approach/departure angles. The axle housings feature a small diff case for clearance with an aluminum pumpkin cover, while a Zero Ackermann high steer knuckle design improves clearance and delivers a tighter turning radius. Plus, scale size threaded aluminum oil-filled shocks and full-time locked differentials with HPI Rockthorn 109mm x 38mm soft S-Compound tires to give the rig a sure footed hold in any condition. Combine this with an HPI TF-40 2.4GHz transmitter, waterproof receiver, NiMH battery/charger set and AA batteries for the transmitter and you have a fully RTR scaler that is ready to tackle anything on the trail.
- Factory-assembled & pre-painted electric-powered full-time 4WD 1/10 scale off-road truck
- Officially licensed replica Toyota FJ Cruiser body with functional roof rack plus side mirrors
- Front bumper features brush guard, light mounts, D-ring shackles and swing-away rear spare tire mount
- Adjustable rock rail side sliders help the truck get over tough obstacles
- Steel C-channel chassis rails
- Front-mount motor and transmission position for ultimate scale realism and front weight bias to improve climbing traction and provides more realistic driving
- All-metal gear drivetrain for extreme durability
- Central transfer case with slider driveshafts to front and rear differentials prevents motor stall for the best climbing action and also straightens & lowers center driveshafts for more efficient power transfer
- Axles feature locked differentials with small diff case and aluminum differential pumpkin cover
- HPI water-resistant SS-20WR high torque steering servo with CMS (Chassis Mounted Servo) realistic steering setup
- HPI waterproof SC-3sWP2 Crawler Edition adjustable electronic speed control
- HPI 35-turn crawler spec motor provides speed as well as crawling torque
- 12mm hex hubs to fit any available crawler wheels
- Shock towers have multiple shock mounting positions to allow for wheelbase options
- BTA (Behind The Axle) steering linkage for improved approach and departure angles
- Panhard bar with aluminum panhard mount for scale looks and optimized geometry with zero bump steer
- Zero Ackermann high steer knuckle design for improved obstacle clearance and tighter turning radius
- 3-link front and triangulated 3-link rear suspension
- Oil-filled aluminum coilover shock absorbers (63-90mm stroke) with adjustable threaded shock bodies for quick ride height changes and dual-stage shock springs
- Aluminum lower link/shock mounts
- Adjustable fully braced body mounting to fit any style of off-road body
- All-terrain Rockthorn 109mm x 38mm soft S-Compound tires with chunky tread blocks
- Beadlock style CR-10 ten-spoke 1.9” wheels
- HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system with carry handle
- HPI waterproof 2.4GHz receiver in protective case
- Full set of ball bearings
- Includes NiMH battery and charger and 4 AA batteries for radio transmitter
- Length: 527mm (20.7")
- Width: 227mm (9")
- Height: 238mm (9.4") with roof rack, 217mm (8.5") without (will vary depending on tire choice and suspension settings)
- Wheelbase: 313mm (12.3")
- Front overhang: 101mm (3.9")
- Rear overhang: 135mm (5.3")
- Running weight: 2.4kg (5.3lbs)
- Weight without battery: 2.1kg (4.7lbs)
- Break-over angle: 44.5 degrees
- Approach angle: 55 deg
- Departure angle: 45.5 deg
- Max climb angle: 49 deg
- Max tilt angle: 28 deg
- Axle articulation: 30 deg
- Ground clearance: 68mm capable (2.7")
- Ground clearance at standard ride height: 60mm (2.4")
- Axle ground clearance: 32mm (1.3")
- Drivetrain ratio: 7.6:1
- Transmission gearing: 1.53:1
- Axle gearing: 3.31:1
- Transfer case gearing: 1.5:1
Needed to Complete:
- Nothing! Everything you need is included in the box.
it is a very capable and well handling truck!
Only issue is the steering servo which is weak unlike my TRX4 which is sturdy from stock
Overall a nice package.
I will say the HPI wheeled great when it worked. Great COG and grip ( after you replace the hockey puck tires, and the servo) It was way lighter then the TRX4 and climbed and side hills much better then the highroofed LR.
Thanks again for the great customer service AMAIN!