The Baja 5B 1/5th scale buggy has been a success since its debut, providing enthusiasts with a ready to run large scale off road vehicle that delivers off the charts fun and excitement. The Baja 5B SS kit helped explode large-scale racing into the mainstream, because it provided serious enthusiasts with a kit that was loaded with options that enhance the Baja's speed and power, that allowed them to build and optimize a large-scale buggy from the ground up. This gave hobbyists the chance to add in more aftermarket goodies to make a truly one-of-a-kind Baja 5B.
Now you can get your hands on the updated for 2014 Baja 5B SS! This is a FULL OPTION Baja 5B kit that you assemble yourself, with improved durability through Super Heavy Duty options previously unavailable on Baja buggy models! The kit carries over the robust, efficient and highly detailed double-wishbone suspension from the standard Baja 5B, and combines it with a long list of option parts is included with the SS version of the Baja 5B. As you build the kit, you add in the options that come in the box, extra HPI options, and your own radio gear and electronics - although the powerful SFL-10MG large scale metal-gear steering servo has been included as well!
Fuelie 26cc Gasoline Engine
At the heart of the Baja SS is the #15403 Fuelie 26S 26cc engine, a tougher, stronger and more powerful engine than the standard 23cc Fuelie engine in the Baja 5B RTR buggy. With more displacement you get increased low-end grunt, more acceleration and huge top-end speed! The Fuelie 26S is a 2-stroke engine powered by regular pump gasoline (petrol) that is mixed with 2-stroke engine oil, so the running cost of the engine is extremely low when compared to any normal nitro methane powered glow engine. You’ll spend just pennies per tank on fuel!
Packed with Even More Factory Options for 2014!
To handle the extra horsepower of the Fuelie 26S, the drivetrain of the Baja SS is boosted with specially designed option parts that can handle the power increase. Providing a boost of extra power is the Aluminum Tuned Pipe - with #87288 steel header for even more durability - designed just for the Fuelie 26S for even more acceleration power. The 8000 RPM Clutch lets the engine rev up to a high RPM before engaging the drivetrain, giving you lightning-fast acceleration off the starting line and out of every corner. The aluminum alloy diff case is included, giving protection from the extreme strength of the engine. When it comes to transferring all this power into breath taking action on the ground, the Super Heavy Duty Dogbones get the power from the diff to the rear wheels with chunky steel driveshafts and jointed rubber boots for minimal loss of power. Add the Heavy Duty front hubs and One Piece Rear Uprights and you have one tough unit ready to blast deserts, rugged wasteland and anything in it's path with unshakeable durability
- Heavy Duty Front Wheel Hubs: To keep in sync with the Super Heavy Duty drivetrain, the Baja 5B SS also comes with #112845 Heavy Duty front wheel hubs. These axles utilize a screw and nut design that eliminates the older e-clip design, which further improves the reliability of the vehicle.
- Aluminum Tuned Pipe: The #87401 Aluminum Tuned Pipe and #87288 Steel Header are included for even more performance and durability. Designed to give you increased power and quicker acceleration!
- One-Piece Rear Hub Carriers: #104781 One-Piece Rear Hub Carriers are beefed up to 'Super Heavy Duty' standard, carried over from the Baja SC SS - for even more durability, so you can go the distance.
- Super Heavy Duty Drive Shafts, Diff Shafts & Axles: The #104965 Super Heavy Duty Diff Shafts, #104966 Super Heavy Duty Drive Shafts and #104967 Super Heavy Duty Axles can handle all the power that the Fuelie 26S can pump out and more! They get the power from high-power engines through the diff to the rear wheels, and jointed rubber boots keep dirt and rocks out of the joints for zero downtime.
- 8000 RPM Clutch: The #15448 8000 RPM Clutch Launches the Baja 5B at higher RPM for more punch off the line and out of low-speed corners.
- Rear Shock Tower Brace: #87551 Rear Shock Tower Brace Relocates shocks for increased rear suspension travel for better traction and braking on rough ground.
- Sway Bar: The #86618 Sway Bar improves the handling for quicker steering response in high speed situations, making it the ideal tuning device for racers and hard-core bashers! The sway bars are easily tuneable to make them more or less responsive for varying race conditions.
- Aluminum Alloy Diff Case: #87568 Aluminum Alloy Diff Case For increased drivetrain durability and extended time between maintenance and rebuilds. Perfect for the high output 26S Engine!
- Clear Pre-Cut Body: The #7560 & #7562 Crystal clear polycarbonate body is tough and ready for your custom paint job. Pre-cut to make painting and installation quick and easy. Also comes with pre-cut vinyl decals and protective overspray film.
- Gun Metal Main Chassis: Unique customized looks with the #87477 gunmetal-anodized 6061 T6 aluminum monocoque chassis. Super-rigid for supreme performance, it also looks amazing under the body!
- Heavy Duty Beadlocks: The reinforced design increases durability of the wheels and tires. The #3272 also helps to protect the sidewalls of your tires in hard cornering maneuvers.
- SFL-10 MG Steering Servo: In addition to all the heavy duty options included with the kit, you get a tough, super-strong steering servo #80589 that is already equipped with the #80584 Metal Gear Steering upgrade. This allows you to have the security of reliable, quick steering in all conditions.
- VVC/HD Shocks: To further improve the handling of the Baja, HPI included a full set of #87561 and #87562 VVC/HD Baja shocks. These heavy duty shocks keep things under control on the track, and improve handling on all types of terrain.
9.6kg (without fuel)
adjustable front & rear
adjustable front & rear
2WD viscous diff
Tires (front & rear):
HPI Dirt Busters
Needed to Complete:
- 1/5th scale 2WD Buggy with Fuelie 26S Engine
- Baja 5B-1 Clear Body
- Tuned Pipe
- Steering Servo
- Pro Shocks
- Comprehensive assembly & instruction manual
- 2 Channel Surface Transmitter & Receiver
- Throttle Servo
- 6v Hump Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- AA batteries for Transmitter
- Lexan Paint
- Gasoline / Petrol / Benzin
- 2-cycle Engine Oil
This product was added to our catalog on January 6, 2014