This is a pack of two optional Hot Racing Front Steel CV Splined Drive Shafts for the Traxxas UDR. Hot Racing optional upgrade heavy duty front splined star drive CVD axle kit for the Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer.
- Completely replaces factory dogbone-style axles from the differential all the way out to the wheel hex
- CNC machined #45 hardened carbon steel CVs, drive hub, male slider spline, and stub axle
- CNC machined aluminum slider tube
- Blue anodized aluminum pin capture rings with rubber o-rings to prevent movement
Collapsed length, overall: 154mm
Extended length, overall resulting in zero shaft engagement: 164mm
Collapsed length, wheel pin to outdrive pin: 138mm
Extended length, wheel pin to outdrive pin resulting in zero shaft engagement: 148mm
Needed To Complete:
- Installation to drive assembly
- Reuses drive pins
- Recommended to maintain CV joint and shaft spline with grease
- Recommended to medium thread lock on screws threading into metal
NOTES: Replaces Traxxas axle parts: TRA8551 (drive cup & screw), TRA8550 (dogbone), TRA8553 (stub axle), TRA8554 (CV joint)
I actually use my UDR and not just install these parts to look pretty in a display, stick to the stock or plastic parts. Bad product quality, NO customer service. Their entire front-end lineup is bad. But the rest of their products is good and and quality.
Just avoid the front upper arms, front lower arms, steering knuckles, and CV splines.