Hobbywing AXE 540L R2-FOC Waterproof Sensored Brushless Combo. Package includes 2800Kv 540L motor.
- Word's First FOC brushless system for Rock Crawler. Field-Oriented Control for Super Linearity & High Torque & Extreme Silence.
- The chip-type magnetic encoder inside the motor guarantees consistency between three phases’ signals and always outputs the pure and precise signals indicating the rotor position.
- The waterproof and dust-proof design (*IP67 standards) allows the AXE brushless power system to be used in all weather & track conditions without any issue of damage caused to the system from water or dust. Damage to the vehicle caused by water, mud, or conditions should be monitored closely when running in muddy, wet, or adverse conditions.
- Intelligent torque output & speed closed-loop control for easy control, and consistent motor RPM under all loads.
- The adjustable drag brake & drag brake rate control with the maximum drag brake of up to 200% (that’s near twice the drag brake of standard brushless power systems) can provide unprecedented parking capacity on slopes, with no jerky stops.
- The innovative built-in Bluetooth connectivity. allows users to read ESC data or update ESC firmware via a smartphone (installed with the HW LINK app).
- The motor with 4 poles & 12 magnets, featuring Hobbywing’s “staggered pole” patent has zero cogging effect & torque ripple. It can work smoothly at low speeds. This greatly improves the manoeuvrability of rock crawlers at low speeds.
- The sensor harness, which features the plug-and-screw design, has a silicone O ring inside. The design & O ring not only provide a firm connection between motor and ESC but solve the “waterproof” challenge for sensor ports.
- The advanced and secure electronic switch features a waterproof, dust-proof, and shock-resistant design.
- Multiple protections: low-voltage cutoff, thermal, fail-safe (throttle signal loss), motor lock-up, and overcurrent.
NOTE: Xerun AXE series is a closed-system. Due to its advanced technology, HOBBYWING Xerun AXE ESC works exclusively with Xerun AXE brushless motor.
- XERUN AXE R2 FOC ESC:
- Cont./Peak Current: 80A/480A
- Input Voltage: 2-3S LiPo, 6-9S NiMh
- BEC Output: 6V/7.4V Switchable, Continuous Current of 6A (Switch-mode)
- Input wires: Red-Black-12AWG-200mm
- Input connector: XT60
- Programming Port: Built-in Bluetooth
- Firmware: iOS or Android smartphone (installed with the HW LINK app)
- Size / Weight: 47.4(L)x36.2(W)x26.5(H)mm/ 108g (Included input wires)
- XERUN AXE 540L Motor:
- Type: 1/10-1/8th FOC brushless motor (Patented)
- Waterproof: Yes
- Motor Diameter: 36.0mm (1.42in)
- Length: 57.8mm (2.28in)
- Shaft Diameter: 3.175mm (0.125in)
- Pole: 4
- Kv: 2800Kv
- Input Voltage: 2-3S
- No Load Current: 3.6A
- Weight: 213g
This product was added to our catalog on December 1, 2020
I am comparing this to the Gen 1 Axe 550 2700kv.
It’s definitely smoother and the added function of having throttle/brake/reverse and throttle/reverse is better than the AXE Gen1. The throttle seems to be smoother and has a slightly better low speed control despite being 100kv higher, but there's a problem.
The Axe Gen 1 2700kv is pretty much silent under any kind of load on both first and second gear (On the TRX6), and plows through anything with ease. However, on the Axe R2, starting on second gear causes the motor to emit a loud whine due to it being overstressed, even on the highest throttle matching setting. The axe R2 cannot do a standing burnout like the R1 can without overstressing the motor and going at a really high throttle.
Even on first gear while doing steep climbs, the AXE R2 emits that same whine. While it is slightly smaller than the Axe R1, it doesn't have nearly as much torque at low speed. This might be fine for lighter rigs or people who don’t mind the sound. It would be nice if hobbywing made an AXE r2 with a lower KV in 550 form.
Edit: I asked some friends about wether they have had the same issue, they said theirs works well. Maybe I recieved a defective system fom hobbywing. I contacted them for a replacement, so I'll see how they respond.
The app compatibility is on point.
The motor has more than enough power. I am extremely happy with my purchase. It definitely will not disappoint.