Hammer SCT Sensored Brushless ESC by Novak
Novak's Hammer controller is based on Novak’s proven 1/10th scale ESC design. Drivers new to the Novak platform will experience a much more connected feel to their vehicle with strong braking control. The Hammer is factory-defaulted to LiPo mode with reverse turned on. Drivers can customize the Hammer firmware to suit their driving style, including Throttle Curve, Brake Power and many other parameters. No clumsy or complicated programming device needed – the Hammer is fully programmable with a press of a button!
Fun in the Elements
Big power means lots of fun, and often fun in all conditions. Designed with a silicone-gasket sealed case, the Hammer is protected from just about anything you run it through. Its extreme resistance to water, dirt, and other debris gives users confidence while running through the occasional jaunt through the water.
Novak has been designing and building sensor-based controllers since 2002, longer than any other company in the industry. Circuitry protection has always been at core of the design. The Hammer firmware includes thermal overload protection, low-voltage protection, and motor lock-up protection for added reliability. Additionally, on-board diagnostics are standard in the firmware including a motor sensor checking test, error sensing, and on-board temperature diagnostics.
Novak takes pride in its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Hammer ESC is designed, assembled in the Novak factory in Lake Forest, CA to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff, and include Novak’s one-year factory warranty.
- Pure, sensor-based system for excellent torque, response, and low-speed driveability
- Factory wired and easy to install
- Reverse lock out feature (default mode)
- Auto-detect LiPo cut-off to prevent damage to battery pack
- Extreme water-resistant, sealed case
- Full-coverage heat sink on ESC
- Simple-Tuner™ on-board programming for quick and easy customization - no external device needed
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Novak X-Drive™ for unmatched throttle response and control
- Built-in power capacitor bank delivers power to the motor more effectively
- On-board temperature diagnostics monitoring lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- On-board motor sensor test lets you easily check to make sure the motor poles are functioning
- ON-BOARD PROGRAMMING FEATURES:
- Throttle Curve (Expo, Linear)
- Drag Brake (10 steps)
- Brake Minimum (10 steps)
- Brake Power (10 steps)
- Drive Frequency (10 steps)
- Brake Frequency (10 steps)
- Drive Minimum (10 steps)
- Dead Band (5 steps)
- Reverse (Off-On)
- Motor Rotation (CW, CCW)
- Voltage Cut-Off (OFF-Auto Detect LiPo)
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless (2 and 4-pole)
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2S and 3S LiPo/LiFe or 4-9 NiMH
Dimensions (in/mm): 1.4" x 2.0" (35 x 51 mm)
Height (in/mm): 0.9" (24 mm)
Weight (oz/g): 1.4 oz. (40 g)
On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00060 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
2S: 4,500Kv (4-pole) or lower; 8.5T (2-pole) or higher sensored
3S**: 3,900Kv (4-pole) or lower; 10.5T (2-pole) or higher sensored
BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Wire Size (GA): Motor: 13G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire, factory-installed with 4mm female gold-plated bullet motor connectors (black with color-coded heat shrink: blue, yellow, orange)
Battery: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire, factory-installed (red/black)
Status LEDs: 5, multi-colored
- *For 3S applications, an external BEC module such as Novak's NOV5463 3-Amp High-Voltage Universal BEC is recommended.
- **Vehicles under 4lbs recommended for 3S. Vehicles over 4lbs require operation on 2S or lower Kv motor.
This product was added to our catalog on March 4, 2016.