Hammer SCT 1/10 Scale Brushless ESC/NX4 Motor Combo (3,900Kv) by Novak
The Novak Hammer SCT 1/10 Scale Brushless ESC/NX4 Motor Combo delivers 100% pure, sensor-based control and precision driving to enthusiasts looking for an incredibly smooth-driving, affordable, power upgrade for their 2WD 10th scale off-road short-course truck, 4WD or 2WD off-road buggy, and even power-hungry on-road cars.
Novak's Hammer ESC is compatible with 2S and 3S LiPo batteries, is pre-wired from the factory with gold-plated bullet connectors, and the battery wires are open ended and pre-tinned ready for the battery connector of your choice! The ESC is based on Novak’s proven 1/10th scale ESC design. Drivers new to the Novak platform will experience a much more connected feel to their vehicle with strong braking control. The Hammer is factory-defaulted to LiPo mode with reverse turned on. Drivers can customize the Hammer firmware to suit their driving style, including Throttle Curve, Brake Power and many other parameters. No clumsy or complicated programming device needed – the Hammer is fully programmable with a press of a button!
Fun in the Elements
Big power means lots of fun, and often fun in all conditions. Designed with a silicone-gasket sealed case, the Hammer is protected from just about anything you run it through. Its extreme resistance to water, dirt, and other debris gives users confidence while running through the occasional jaunt through the water.
Novak has been designing and building sensor-based controllers since 2002, longer than any other company in the industry. Circuitry protection has always been at core of the design. The Hammer firmware includes thermal overload protection, low-voltage protection, and motor lock-up protection for added reliability. Additionally, on-board diagnostics are standard in the firmware including a motor sensor checking test, error sensing, and on-board temperature diagnostics.
The Novak NX4 540 4-Pole Sensored Brushless Motor offers 100% pure, sensor-based control and precision driving to enthusiasts looking for an affordable, incredibly smooth-driving brushless motor for their 2WD 10th scale off-road short-course truck, 4WD or 2WD off-road buggy, and even power-hungry on-road cars. The NX4 540-size motor easily fits into any 1/10th scale vehicle. It boasts 3,900Kv of pure sensor-based power, and includes a large-diameter Neodymium rotor for that extra torque needed. It is factory wired with heavy-gauge silicone wire for easy installation, and includes replaceable power wires for drivers wanting more custom installs – a feature not common on similar motors in the market.
Pure Sensor-Based Design
Sensor based motor technology has been the mainstay of all competitive racers and teams. The speed control constantly knows exactly where the motor's rotor is, and can deliver extremely smooth and controlled response. The motor does exactly what you tell it, exactly when you tell it. You cannot be more connected to your throttle than you are with Novak's 100% pure, sensor-based motor firing.
4-Pole Vs 2-Pole
What is the difference between a 4-pole and a 2-pole motor? More magnetic poles on the rotor, and more coils in the stator mean the motor is suited for hard acceleration and heavier loads. While the 2-pole motors, such as the Vulcan Spec, thrive in high-RPM ranges, 4-pole motors will be superior in the flat-out acceleration race and constant low-to-mid RPM pulls. 4-pole motors thrive in heavier rigs, and typically run better on smaller tracks with lots of short acceleration requirements.
Heavy-Duty and Ready to Race
The Novak NX4 motor’s heavy-duty design is built for the demands of SCT racing.
- Complete coverage heat sink– the motor’s can is precision CNC machined with heat sinking to provide maximum cooling
- Pre-wired with 13AWG– multi-colored heat shrink and ready to install with quality gold-plated, quality copper 4mm bullet plugs
- High RPM bearings– ABEC 5 high RPM bearings are installed and treated with Novak’s exclusive Speed Lube premium bearing oil to extend life and increase RPM
- Kevlar-wrapped rotor- for maximum reliability and performance
- Keep the dirt out– A closed motor design will help keep the dust and dirt out of your motor
The NX4 Sensored Brushless Motor is compatible and recommended with the following Novak ESCs:
- GTB 3
- Pure, sensor-based system for excellent torque, response, and low-speed driveability
- Factory wired and easy to install
- Reverse lock out feature (default mode)
- Auto-detect LiPo cut-off to prevent damage to battery pack
- Extreme water-resistant, sealed case
- Full-coverage heat sink on ESC
- Simple-Tuner™ on-board programming for quick and easy customization - no external device needed
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Novak X-Drive™ for unmatched throttle response and control
- Built-in power capacitor bank delivers power to the motor more effectively
- On-board temperature diagnostics monitoring lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- On-board motor sensor test lets you easily check to make sure the motor poles are functioning
- ON-BOARD PROGRAMMING FEATURES:
- Throttle Curve (Expo, Linear)
- Drag Brake (10 steps)
- Brake Minimum (10 steps)
- Brake Power (10 steps)
- Drive Frequency (10 steps)
- Brake Frequency (10 steps)
- Drive Minimum (10 steps)
- Dead Band (5 steps)
- Reverse (Off-On)
- Motor Rotation (CW, CCW)
- Voltage Cut-Off (OFF-Auto Detect LiPo)
- Pure, sensor-based design for excellent torque, response, and low-speed driveability
- Factory wired and easy to install
- Large diameter rotor for maximum torque
- Dual-precision Japanese ball bearings treated with Novak Speed Lube
- High-current motor solder tabs
- Rebuildable motor design
- Motor meets ROAR SCT rules
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless (2 and 4-pole)
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
- Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2S and 3S LiPo/LiFe or 4-9 NiMH
- Dimensions (in/mm): 1.4" x 2.0" (35 x 51 mm)
- Height (in/mm): 0.9" (24 mm)
- Weight (oz/g): 1.4 oz. (40 g)
- On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00060 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
- Motor Limit:
- 2S: 4,500Kv (4-pole) or lower; 8.5T (2-pole) or higher sensored
- 3S**: 3,900Kv (4-pole) or lower; 10.5T (2-pole) or higher sensored
- BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
- Wire Size (GA): Motor: 13G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire, factory-installed with 4mm female gold-plated bullet motor connectors (black with color-coded heat shrink: blue, yellow, orange)
- Battery: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire, factory-installed (red/black)
- Status LEDs: 5, multi-colored
- Design: 4-pole sensor-based
- Weight: 5 oz (142g) with power wire and sensor harness
- Input Voltage: 2S and 3S LiPo/4-9 NiMH
- Kv (unloaded): 3,900 RPM/Volt
- Maximum RPM: 50,000
- Diameter: 1.4" (36mm)
- Length: 2.1" (53mm)
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8"
- Mounting: 25mm diameter (M3x0.5mm)
- Rotor Magnet: 4-pole Sintered Neodymium
- Rotor Diameter: 18mm Kevlar-wrapped
- Stator: 12-slot, 2Y, epoxy dipped
- Connector Type: 13GA Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire, factory installed with 4mm male gold-plated bullet connectors
- Recommended ESCs: Novak Hammer, GTB3, Crusher
- *For 3S applications, an external BEC module such as Novak's NOV5463 3-Amp High-Voltage Universal BEC is recommended.
- **Vehicles under 4lbs recommended for 3S. Vehicles over 4lbs require operation on 2S or lower Kv motor.
This product was added to our catalog on March 21, 2016.