GTB 3 Brushless ESC/Ballistic Boss VTA Brushless Motor System (25.5T) by Novak
This product was added to our catalog on May 19, 2015.
This is the Novak GTB 3 Brushless ESC VTA Brushless Motor System with a Ballistic Boss 25.5 Turn motor. The Novak Ballistic Boss brushless motor has been a go to choice for many VTA series races, and is now available in a cost saving combo that includes one of Novak’s most popular spec racing speed controls - the GTB 3!
VTA racers can take advantage of the GTB 3’s X-Drive for smooth power delivery, extremely high efficiency, and cooler operating temperatures. But the GTB 3 ESC is designed to handle much more, including modified motors, and the Ballistic Boss has a replaceable stator so you can tune the motor for more than just VTA racing. This is easily one of the most versatile and cost effective racing systems available! Start with your VTA motor and swap in a faster stator later on if your racing needs change, or you can drop in a hotter modified motor with no worries! The GTB 3 ESC will be able to handle any motor you throw at it for many more race seasons!
Ready to Race!
The GTB 3 ESC/Ballistic Boss VTA system is factory-wired with Novak's power wire, defaulted to the optimal VTA racing profile, includes a cooling fan, and is ready to install and race out of the box.
Novak Built & Supported
Novak takes pride in its facility in Lake Forest, California and also with its use of high-quality components, assembly, and testing processes. Every Novak GTB 3 Racing ESC and Ballistic Boss VTA motor is designed, assembled, and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards, are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team, and include Novak's One-Year Product Warranty.
- Premium VTA racing system that pairs Novak’s GTB 3 ESC with the Ballistic Boss VTA 25.5T motor
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Eleven adjustable ESC programming parameters to maximize performance on the track: Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Brake (10 settings), Brake Power (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Reverse Disable, Motor Rotation, Voltage Cut-Off, Trans/Receiver Rate.
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition, with added Brake Power Level adjustment (0-100%)
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Robust, 3-amp true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- ESC and motor designed and tested to work optimally together
- Highly water-resistant ESC case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-in power capacitor bank delivers power to the motor more effectively
- M12 SSR Mode to take advantage of the super high-speed frame rate of the Airtronics M12 transmitter when used with an SSR receiver
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
- Pro VTA motor wound with Novak's American Red Wire
- One-piece front motor can with large vents to ensure proper bearing alignment and maximum airflow
- Rebuildable motor design with replaceable sensor harness, rotor, sensor board, hand-wound stator, sleeve, both end bells, ball bearings, and hardware
- Adjustable motor timing to allow fine tuning of motor feel and power band
- Motor features removable shielded sensor harness plugs into a silicone-sealed gasket to keep dirt and debris from damaging the motor’s sensor plug, and keeps your sensor harness secure
- Oversized front bearing [1/2” x 3/16” (12.7 x 4.8mm)] for increased load handling and bearing life
- Nickel-plated, sintered Neodymium rotor with a 0.125” pinion shaft that accepts all existing pinion gears
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and a one-year warranty
- Designed, assembled, and tested by Novak Electronics in Lake Forest, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
- Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 1-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH (For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or receiver booster such as Novak's NOV5477 1S Booster Module is recommended.)
- Size (in/mm): 1.16" x 1.47" (29.5 x 37.3 mm)
- Height: 0.96" (24.4 mm)
- Weight (oz/g): 1.42 oz. (40.4 g)
- On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
- Motor Limit:
- 540-Size: 3.5T or higher sensored
- 550-Size: 4.5T or higher sensored
- BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
- Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
- Status LEDs: 5, multi-colored
- Motor Specs: Ballistic Boss VTA (NOV3626V)
- Motor Size (540): 2.07" x 1.41" (52.6 x 35.8mm)
- Motor Weight: 6.2 oz. (175.8g)
- Shaft Diameter (inches): 0.125
- Magnetic Material: High-Strength Sintered Neodymium
- Design: Sensored
- Kv (unloaded): 1,550 RPM/volt