Gridiron SC Pre-Mounted Tires (SC6/Slash/Blitz) (2) (Black) (Super Soft) by AKA w/12mm Hex
This is a set of two AKA Racing Pre-Mounted Grid Iron Short Course Tires, for use on the rear of the Traxxas Slash, as well as the front and rear of the Traxxas Slash 4x4, Kyosho Ultima SC, HPI Blitz and any other vehicle that uses a Slash rear offset wheel.
The GRIDIRON SC tire was designed for tracks that get hard packed but start off with a bit of dust. This tire design is a great outdoor or as an indoor alternative. The square outer pins and bar center pins allow for great traction and long tire life compared to other small pin tires. All AKA SC tires feature the industry standard 2.2/3.0 bead sizes. Mark and Gil have designed an innovative inner carcass design made to perfectly fit the industry standard AKA 1:8 buggy closed cell foams. This results in a much more controlled outer sidewall for more consistent handling and tread wear. No more cranking in tons of camber to keep the tire patch flat on the ground.
- Includes: Two pre-mounted tires with AKA closed cell inserts on Cyclone wheels.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Assembly Quality: AKA Pre-Mounts are all hand assembled using AKA Premium tire glue and are double checked for adhesion quality. There is no doubt AKA has the best pre-mounts in the industry.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
This product is expected to arrive on Friday, June 8 2018.