Goblin Black Thunder 650 Flybarless Electric Helicopter Kit by SAB
This product was added to our catalog on April 29, 2016.
This is the Black Thunder Electric Flybarless Helicopter Kit. The Black Thunder kit from SAB is designed around a few simple requests; incredible power, and elegance. Included with the kit is 650mm SAB TB "Thunder Bolt" Main, and matching tail blades, which have an update designed which includes varying profiles through the length of the blade allowing for an increase in efficiency and performance.
The 650 size is very unique in the market, in that it is smaller than a typical 700 class helicopter. What this means for the pilot is that the overall weight is lower allowing for an increase in flight performance, and a wide array of set up options is available. To further drop the weight on the model, a full carbon fiber canopy is included and painted with the high visibility black and yellow paint scheme.
Black Thunder Features At A Glance:
- Matte Black Rotor Head
- SAB Thunder Bolt "TB" Main and Tail Blades
- Carbon Fiber Canopy
- CNC Main Gear
- Large Room for Various ESC Set Ups
- Updated dampened tail rotor system, slop free, very durable
- Quick canopy release, allows for easy installation and removal of the canopy
- Canopy saver, protects the canopy edges from scuffing
- Modular Power System – Simple, Elegant, Beautiful: With the removal of a small handful of bolts, the entire power system will arise from the Goblin – cyclic servos, engine, rotor system, main gear system – allowing this helicopter to be adjusted and repaired with great ease.
- Dual Belt Driven Performance – Simple, Robust, Light Weight: By utilizing a belt driven main motor, immense power can be transferred without the fear of gear failure. Belt driven systems are amazingly efficient, incredibly durable, and best of all, belt drive systems are ethereally light in weight, cutting out the complexity, noise and added weight of a torque tube drive system.
- Aerodynamic Boom Shroud – Form & Function in One Beautiful Package: Italian designing takes one step further, coalescing the aerodynamic canopy with a near seamless transition to a carbon fiber tail boom covering. This aerodynamic shroud brings a unique beauty to the SAB Goblin, serving as an aerodynamic element that allows the Goblin to traverse the skies at mach speeds. Speed and power has never looked so good.
- CNC Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor System – Nothing but the Best: Taking full advantage of flybarless technology, the SAB Black Thunder is offered in a flybarless kit only, utilizing a bearing raced blade grip control system for the absolute in precision & control. Nothing was held back throughout this build, and you can expect nothing less when the Goblin takes flight.
- Light Weight Build – Power that can be Used Like No Other: By building the SAB Goblin with a keen eye on weight, SAB engineers were able to shave critical weight by utilizing carbon fiber materials & a dual belt driven gear system, which brings the Goblin to new worlds of power & performance.
- Patented Carbon Fiber Tail Boom – Strong, Light & Vibration Free: Reinforced with CNC aluminum for the utmost in strength, the patented carbon fiber tail system eliminates vibrations, allowing maximum rotor speeds to be achieved without the fear of vibration.
- SAB Thunder Bolt Rotor Blades: Thunder Bolt blades are a drastic redesign of the older Black Line blades SAB offered. The TB Blades feature a variable profile and chord width from end to end, allowing for optimal lift at each critical point of the blade. This allows the TB Blades to be up to 20% more efficient than the Black Line blades. The tip of the blade has also been changed, to that of a tapered style which allows for increased efficiency, and lower noise due to lack of wasted energy in flight.
Main rotor diameter: 1468mm w/650mm blades
Main blade length: 650mm (Optional upgrade for stretch to 690/710)
Main shaft diameter: 12mm
Tail shaft diameter: 6mm
Spindle diameter: 10mm
Estimated weight: 4900g
- (1) SAB Goblin Black Thunder – Kit Only
- (1) SAB Thunder Bolt 650mm Carbon Fiber Main Rotor Blade Set
- (1) SAB Thunder Bolt Carbon Fiber Tail Rotor Set
Needed To Complete:
- 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver (7-channel or more, helicopter system)
- Electric Motor 4035 - 4525 500-600kV
- (3) Cyclic Servos (Standard Size, 40mm; High Torque Recommended)
- (1) Tail Rotor Servo (Standard Size, 40mm)
- 12s 4000 - 5000mAh LiPo Batteries
- 3-Axis Flybarless System
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Pitch Gauge
- Various tools, lubes & greases for setup and assembly