This is the FMS A-10 Thunderbolt II “Warthog” V2 70mm EDF Plug-N-Play Electric Ducted Fan Jet Airplane, an evolution of FMS's Flagship model - The A-10 Thunderbolt II. This kit was known for its scale features and performance, making it a favorite among pilots.
With such a solid base, FMS decided to build on and upgrade this model even further to deliver the next level of performance. Retaining features such as the screw-together air-frame, ball-linked control surfaces and high strength spar system, the A-10 V2 comes together just as easily its predecessor. Scale details remain impeccable- realistic rivets, panel lines, removable bombs and rockets and realistic absorbing CNC landing gear, just to name a few.
Built upon these great features, the A-10 V2 receives ten major structural, electronic and scale improvements:
- Improved ESC: The dual 70A ESCs are uprated to dual Hobbywing 80A ESCs, with an external 8A BEC for bulletproof performance.
- Upgraded servos: Elevator and Rudder servos have been upgraded to 23g metal geared servos from the original 17g metal geared units- meaning more torque for the control surfaces giving even better performance.
- Precision landing gear design: The nose landing gear has been redesigned to minimize play- ensuring the assembly tracks straight and true even at high speeds.
- Improved connectors: ‘soft’ connector design significantly increases the reliability of the wing quick release system.
- Increased elevator travel: giving pilots more precision and control authority
- Improved tires: an improved, more durable compound extends the service life of the landing gear wheels, even in rough field operations.
- Robust canopy latch: extended pin on the canopy latch reduces the possibility of an accidental canopy release in flight.
- Enlarged battery bay: now fits two 6S 3300mAh Lipos, for significantly increased flight times.
- Updated trim scheme
- Updated scale pilot
- Dual 70mm inrunner 12 bladed EDFs and Hobbywing 80A ESCs provide ample thrust.
- Highly realistic scale features: Rivets, panel lines, CNC shock absorbing landing gears, removable bombs and rocket pods, scale pilot figure etc.
- Ultra bright LED light system
- Electronic retracts with over current protection
- Large diameter bearings in the landing gear allow the A-10 V2 to roll smoothly over rough terrain
- Installed ball-linked control horns for accurate and precise movements.
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Approximate Flight Time: ~4 minutes
CG (Center of Gravity): 80-85mm (From Leading Edge)
Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
EDF Size: Inner running Brushless 2860 KV1850 x 2 (installed)
Flying Weight: ~4100g
Length: 53.9in (1368mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6+ Channel Radio System (not included)
Minimum Speed Control: 70A x 2 (installed)
Recommended Motor Battery: Li-Po 22.2V 5000mAh 45C
Servos: 13g metalServo x 5 . 23g metal Servo x 4 (Installed)
Wing Area: 36.2dm² (561sq.in)
Wing Loading: 113.2g/dm² (0.26oz/in²)
Wingspan: 59.1in (1500mm)
Needed to Complete:
- 6-chanel Radio System
- LiPo Battery (x2 6S 22.2V 3300mAh LiPos or x1 22.2V 5000mAh LiPo 45C recommended)
- LiPo Battery Charger