The Flex Innovations Mamba 10 is a fantastic aerobatic and 3D flyer. Biplanes offer a unique challenge as every aspect of the design must be optimized, from the structure, to the aerodynamics, and control system. Only years of experience designing aircraft in this category can produce the Mamba 10's aggressive, yet forgiving characteristics. The Flex Innovations team has the ability to optimize all of these points.
Quique Somenzini knows how to optimize biplane aerodynamics like no other, having won F3A and 3D world championships with his biplane designs. A biplane with less coupling or better manners cannot be found.
The structure is highly optimized offering an aircraft that is stiff and strong, yet light in weight. Its plywood sub-structure keeps the motor secure while offering great mounting and cooling for the battery.
The Aura 8 Advanced Flight Control System brings out the best of every airframe. It makes the aircraft fly as if it is larger and more stable and minimizes the effect of the wind. Pilots also rave about its direct and non-interfering feeling, and its ability to NOT feel 'in the way'.
The Mamba is licensed by Jim Kimbal Enterprises.
Altogether it is an unbeatable performer in a compact park-flyer package
- Advanced Aura 8 Control System
- SIX Servos included! FOUR for Ailerons.
- Innovative plywood sub-frame connects the motor securely to the fuselage while providing superior battery mounting and cooling
- Extreme 3D Performance
- Light wing loading for easy handling
- Large control surfaces for excellent maneuverability
- Shark Teeth for low speed control
- Precise Aerobatics with nearly zero control coupling
- Easy dissassembly for transport in small cars
- Optimized cooling with large intakes and outlets
- 15g metal gear Digital Servos are durable, powerful, and precise
- Realistic biplane looks based on full scale designs
- Powerful all metal 10 size motor with optimized Kv
- 50A HobbyWing BL motor controller with 5V/5A SBEC
- 11.5 x 4.5" Custom Tooled Somenzini-Ribbe (SR) Prop for awesome grip at all speeds
- Custom control horns for optimized throw and precision
- Large battery compartment
- One-piece upper and lower wings
- Factory applied trim scheme
- CA hinges for security and free movement
Length: 43.4" (1102 mm)
Wingspan: 40.7'' (1033 mm)
Weight: 54 oz. (1520 grams) with 3S 2200mAh
Wing Area: 691.3 sq. in (44.6 sq. dm.)
Needed to Complete:
- (1) 6+ Channel 2.4 GHz Transmitter
- (1) Matching Receiver
- Spektrum Users: (2) SPM9745 Recommended
- Futaba Users: (1) FUTL7619 R2001SB Recommended
- Optional for '4 PWM' (servo) RX connections with traditional receivers
- (4) Male to Male Servo Connectors (Gyro to RX Connection): PTK-5312
- (1+) 3s 45C+ LiPo Battery 2200mAh w/EC-3 Connector
- (1) LiPo Battery Balance Charger System
- Misc Building Tools (Referenced in User Manual)