FJ-2 Fury 15 DF Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Airplane by E-flite
This is the E-flite FJ-2 Fury 15 DF Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Airplane. Known as one of the most famous fighters to never see combat with U.S. forces, the North American FJ-2 Fury paved the way for modern super-sonic air combat. Built for the U.S. Navy and used to defend the Marines against the MiG-15 threat over Korea during the 1950s, the FJ-2 Fury was a jet powered dog-fighter that was loved by the pilots that flew them. Borrowing from the success of the very similar F-86H Sabre, the Fury filled a distinctive role in a time when speed was king.
The E-flite FJ-2 Fury airplane recreates the famous Navy jet fighter so you can enjoy thrilling jet flight at your local flying field. From the accuracy of the model outline to the efficient EDF system, this FJ-2 delivers stunning scale appearance and rock-solid performance. But the best feature of this Fury is an innovation that full-scale pilots back in the day could only dream about. Built into the included Spektrum AR636A receiver is an AS3X system that’s been specially tuned for this airplane.
The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum AR636A 6-channel receiver works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced so you’ll feel as if you are at the controls of an expertly tuned jet that’s much larger.
Whether you’re an intermediate pilot looking for a performance upgrade or a scale pilot looking for grab-and-go EDF convenience, the E-flite FJ-2 Fury is ideal. All you need to start flying today is a 3200mAh 4S 14.8V Li-Po flight battery, a suitable charger and your favorite full-range Spektrum DSM2/DSMX 4+ channel aircraft transmitter.
- Precise Control: The Spektrum™ AR636A sport AS3X® receiver delivers rock-solid handling for a realistic jet experience.
- Efficient Ducting: The internal ducting is sculpted for maximum efficiency so you get the highest level of scale accuracy and EDF performance.
- Lightweight and Strong: Durable Z-Foam™ construction makes it possible to replicate complex airframe detail and keep weight low.
- Scale Detail: The cockpit detail and authentic outline are true to the U.S. Navy’s first swept-wing jet.
- Removable Wheels and Drop-Tanks: The fixed landing gear and drop tanks can be removed for faster flight performance.
- Easy to complete final assembly
- AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid stability and great handling
- Durable, lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
- Authentic outline and scale details
- Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX® 6-Channel AS3X® sport receiver, installed
- Powerful 70mm EDF unit features a 15-size, 3700Kv brushless motor
- 60-amp 14.8V brushless ESC installed
- Finely tuned ducting delivers a scale appearance
- Six micro servos installed for aileron, elevator, rudder and nose wheel steering
- Clear canopy, cockpit details and pilot figure
- Removable fixed landing gear
- Removable drop tanks
Wingspan: 36.75 in (933mm)
Overall Length: 38.75 in (984mm)
Wing Area: 304 sq in (19.6 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 3.3 lbs (1.49kg)
Motor Size: BL15, 3700Kv
Radio: 5+ Channel DSM2/DSMX Transmitter Required
Servos: 13g (installed)
Speed Control : 60A (installed)
Recommended Battery: 14.8V 4S 3200mAh LiPo
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX® 6-channel AS3X® sport receiver (installed)
- (6) E-flite® micro servos (installed)
- 15-size, 3700Kv brushless inrunner motor (installed)
- 70mm fiber-filled nylon EDF unit with 5-blade rotor (installed)
- 4S compatible, 60-Amp 14.8V brushless ESC (installed)
Needed To Complete:
- Full range 4+ channel DSM2®/DSMX compatible aircraft transmitter
- High-power 3200mAh 4S 14.8V Li-Po battery
- AC or DC 4S Li-Po battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on February 2, 2015.