FG-40 Gas Single Cylinder Engine: BQ by Saito Engines
This product was added to our catalog on March 8, 2013.
There are many advantages to going with gas, like cleaner operation and cheaper fuel. Saito™ 4-stroke gas engines give modelers more, such as high-quality standards matched only by impeccable workmanship.
The RC industry’s most reliable manufacturer of top-quality gas 4-stroke engines introduces the Saito FG-40 gas engine. Slightly larger than the FG-36 gas engine, it provides more power for medium to large planes accompanied by the precision craftsmanship of Saito engines, the distinguished look and sweet sound, this is the engine many of you have been waiting for. The engine comes with the smaller Saito 4-stroke ignition module that provides easy starts and reliable performance with lower power consumption. The designed Walbro carburetor features a rotating barrel specially made for 4-stroke engines, ensuring reliable fuel feed and outstanding performance at any attitude. The FG-40 engine comes complete with an aluminum engine mount and muffler.
As an expert in reliable 4-strokes, the Saito brand has spent years developing the best-built 4-stroke gas engine. The power-to-weight ratio of a Saito engine creates a one-of-a-kind flying experience. For serious modelers, the long awaited arrival of a high-quality, powerful and precision craftsmanship gas engine is here.
- 40cc displacement for more power than the FG-36 engine
- Smaller Saito 4-stroke ignition module provides easy starts and reliable performance with a lower power consumption
- 4-stroke sound Saito™ engines are famous for
- Specially designed Walbro carburetor
- Horizon Hobby recommends the use of Red Line or Power Model synthetic oil only, at a mix ratio of 16:1 – 20:1
- Type: 4-stroke Airplane Engine
- Displacement: 2.45 cu. in. (40.21 cc)
- Bore: 1.57 in (40.0 mm)
- Stroke: 1.26 in (32.0mm)
- Cylinders: Single
- Total Weight: 50.6 oz (1440 g)
- Engine (Only) Weight: 44.0 oz (1250 g)
- Muffler Weight: 2.9 oz (84 g)
- Crankshaft Threads: M8 x 1.25
- Prop Range: 19 x 10 - 21 x 10
- RPM Range: 1,700 - 8,000
- Muffler Type: Cast with M15 threads
- Cylinder Type: Ringed
- Carb Type: Walbro/Saito
- Crank Type: Threaded