This is the Fantom 17.5 Turn ICON Team Edition Spec Brushless Sensored Motor. The heart of the ICON is the Fantom "Patented" (U.S. Patent D823,803) designed stator and patent pending "Tuning Pins". These 2 key elements will be total game changers for your racing program! The Fantom patented design stator provides maximum torque while producing the most insane RPM ever seen before. Plus Fantom has also added the ability to fine tune your motor via "Patent Pending Tuning Pins". With this unique design, Fantom has totally eliminated the need for stator screws. Instead, they've replaced them with "Tuning Pins" which allows you to fine tune the Torque vs RPM of your motor. Why settle for an all purpose motor when you can have a motor designed to fit your exact application!
What's the Difference? ICON Team vs ICON Works Motors:
- ICON Team:
- Professionally built to our strict standards, which includes: the rotor properly shimmed, complete evaluation of coils, rotor strength, assymmetry, and sensor board deviation to match our strict tolerances. The timing is also set to our recommended setting for your application or you can choose a custom setting.
- Coil Resitance, Rotor Strength, and Dyno Results included!
- All Team Edition motors are guaranteed to meet our strict specifications!
- ICON Works:
- Everything listed for ICON Team
- Fantom's premium motor, built with all available options. Works motors include all of the Team motor options, plus Fantom re-shimming the rotor with Teflon shims & spacer, the highest grade AXON X10 hybrid bearings, pro titanium timing adjustment screws, custom tuning pins setup based on your race application, and all test results printed and included. This is as good as it gets!
Tuning Pin Setup Option
- Patent pending tuning pins eliminate the need for screws to hold the motor together, and open up a new world of tuning capabilities.
- Tuning pins replace the traditional screws and allow you to custom tune your motor with different length and different material tuning pins.
- Tuning pins are available in full length steel, full length aluminum, 1/2 length steel and 1/2 length aluminum, providing multiple combinations of precise tuning capability.
- By changing the lengths and materials, you are able to precisely tune the RPM and Torque characteristics of your motor.
- Fantom set up your tuning pins based on the race application that you choose.
- ROAR Approved
- All R&D Done In The USA
- Patented Stator Design (U.S. Patent D823,803)
- Updated Precision Machined 1-Piece Can Design
- Center band of can designed around stator for better heat dissapation
- Updated High-Power / Low Resistance, 3mm Aluminum, Silver Plated Collector Ring
- Patent Pending Tuning Pins, provides multiple options for precise tuning capability
- Updated Super High Strength and Heat Resistant Magnet Formula
- Updated Sensor Board Design for Improved Deviation Accuracy
- Updated Venting Designed to Maximize Heat Dissipation
- Updated Maximum Size Allowed, Pure Copper Wire for Lowest Resistance Possible
- Meets All ROAR, BRCA, IFMAR, EFRA Specifications
- Premium Grade Kawasaki Steel Stator Plates
- CNC Machined Billet T6 Aluminum End Plate for Precision Bearing Alignment
- Maximum Adjustable Timing
- High RPM Precision Bearings
- Additional Tuning Options Available Separately
- ROAR Approved
This product was added to our catalog on February 7, 2019