Extra 330SC 60e ARF Electric Airplane by Hangar 9
This product was added to our catalog on September 21, 2015.
Aircraft built by Walter Extra have made an incredible impact in the world of aerobatic aviation. In the real world these planes are synonymous with performance, quality and luxury. In the RC world, the Extra platform has proven itself time and time again as one of the most capable in both the precision and 3D realms. Designed after the most modern and highest performance Extra Aircraft variant, the Hangar 9® Extra 330SC 60e is specially designed to deliver performance versatility for which the design is known, but with the unlimited maneuverability only possible through model aviation.
The Hangar 9 Extra 330SC 60e ARF is an aerobatic marvel that’s ideal for the experienced aerobatic pilot. Designed by the only International Extreme Flight Championships (XFC) airplane pilot to win three years in a row, Seth Arnold used his experience with the Extra to make a practical aerobat that excels in both precision and 3D maneuvers. Material choices, structural engineering, airfoil and area optimization come together in a very lightweight platform to deliver an aerobatic experience hard-ball 3D pilots and precision fanatics can appreciate.
Carbon fiber landing gear and wing tube
Components made from carbon fiber are significantly stronger and have a lighter weight than their metal counterparts and benefit the most in high stress areas such as the landing gear and wing.
Large 3D control surfaces
The laser-cut all wood construction is engineered to provide the lightest wing loading possible so that the oversized ailerons, elevators and rudder can offer incredible 3D maneuverability.
Tool-less Field Assembly
The removable Side Force Generators conveniently attach to each wing tip with nylon thumb-screws.
- Designed by three-time XFC Champion Seth Arnold
- Excellent precision and 3D performance
- Engineered around the E-flite Power 60B outrunner and 6S Li-Po power
- Lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood construction
- Carbon-fiber landing gear and wing tube
- Large control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Two piece, plug-in wings
- UltraCote® film matching, fiberglass cowl and wheel pants
- Large hatch with quick-release latch
- Removable Side-Force Generators (included)
- Ball-link connectors and fiberglass control horns
- Complete, high-quality hardware pack (included)
Wingspan: 65.5 in (166cm)
Overall Length: 63.7 in (162cm)
Wing Area: 870 sq. in. (56 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 7.75–8.60 lb (3.5–3.9 kg)
Motor Size: 60 Size Electric
Radio: Spektrum DX6 minimum
Servos: 2 × Spektrum 5060s (aileron); 2 × Spektrum 6220 (elevator/rudder)
Trim Scheme Colors: True Red, Pearl Charcoal, Silver, White
CG (center of gravity): 2.875–3.5 in (73–89mm) aft of leading edge at wing tip
Prop Size: 17×7E
Spinner Size: 3 in Spinner
Speed Control : 80 Amp minimum
Recommended Battery: E-flite 4400mAh 6S 22.2V 30C LiPo, 10AWG EC5
Approx. Flying Duration: 5 minutes
Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 2× mini- and 2× standard-size servos
- 60-size brushless outrunner motor
- Brushless speed control
- 6S 22.2V Li-Po flight battery
- Flight battery charger