The E-flite UMX B-17G Flying Fortress model is an ultra micro marvel. Not only is it the first ultra micro RC model of the famous WWII bomber, it includes innovative AS3X technology that makes flying more fun. Built into the Spektrum DSMX receiver, AS3X technology has been specially tuned to combat the effects of wind and turbulence so you get the kind of locked-in handling that’s comparable to an expertly tuned airplane that’s much larger. With four motors, three-blade propellers and full four-channel control plus an abundant amount of scale detail, it’s a replica you can fly almost anywhere.
Whether you’re an intermediate park pilot looking for your first RC multi-engine experience or a scale pilot looking for a unique replica that can be flown anywhere, the E-flite UMX B-17G Flying Fortress is ideal. All you need to start flying today is your favorite 4+ channel aircraft transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2/DSMX technology.
- Ultra-Smooth Flight: The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization - 3-axis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel ultra micro receiver is what helps give the E-flite® UMX™ B-17G Flying Fortress an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. This technology works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with flight control software tuned exclusively by Horizon Hobby product experts. As a result, your workload is significantly reduced while control feel is natural and precise so you can focus on making victory passes laser-straight. It’s an impressive scale flight experience that will have you convinced that you’re at the controls of an expertly-tuned multi-engine airplane that’s much larger.
- Authentic Trim Scheme: Attention to detail and respect for the scale outline of the original B-17G Flying Fortress makes this fully-assembled 1/48-scale ultra micro airplane a thrill to fly. Its three-blade propellers complement its authentic "Man O War II" trim scheme.
- Removable Landing Gear: The plug-in main landing gear can be replaced with simulated retracted wheels and the tail wheel can be removed for an authentic gear-up flight appearance.
- Counter-Rotating Motors: Counter-rotating motors improve flight performance by virtually eliminating the adverse effects of torque.
- Full Four-Channel Control: Four-channel control includes throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder with performance ultra micro linear long-throw servos.
- Battery Hatch: The magnetically attached nose section of the B-17G conceals the battery compartment where the included 250mAh 1S 3.7V 20C Li-Po battery is installed.
Wingspan: 26.0 in (660mm)
Overall Length: 18.3 in (465mm)
Wing Area: 87.5 sq in (5.65 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 2.75 oz (78 g)
Motor Size: 6mm in runner (Left and RIght Rotation)
Radio: 4+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter required
CG (center of gravity): 38mm back from leading edge at wing root
Prop Size: 72x65 3 Blade
Speed Control: Brushed ESC (included)
Recommended Battery: 3.7V 1S 250mAh 20C LiPo Battery
Scale: 1/48th Scale
Experience Level: Intermediate
Is Assembly Required: No
Needed to Complete:
- 4+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on November 19, 2014