The E-Flite Su-30 Twin 70mm EDF BNF Basic Electric Ducted Fan Jet replicates the seldom-modeled Sukhoi fighter with power, maneuverability, and Extra Scale details that all combine for a truly incomparable flying experience. With its twin EDF units running in sync, the Su-30 sounds like a giant-scale turbine-powered jet — and because of its impressively large size it flies like a big jet, too. The 12-blade 70mm fans feature brushless in-runner motors that are paired with 80A ESCs wired to use a single 6S 5000–7000mAh LiPo battery. This power system produces excellent top speed and vertical performance, while the factory-installed, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver precise control. Functional Extra Scale features include a deployable air brake, LED landing and navigation lights, full-flying stabs, sequenced gear doors and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts including a trailing-link nose gear so the Su-30 can be flown from a wide variety of surfaces. And a multitude of Extra Scale details make it a standout on the tarmac and in flight, including molded-in panel lines and hatches, removable optional-use ordnance, cockpit detail and a factory-applied finish with a unique high-visibility trim scheme.
Developed by Russia's Sukhoi Aviation Corporation, the two-seat, twin-engine Su-30 multirole fighter improved on the Su-27 with greater operational range and the ability to support both air and ground attacks. The E-flite Su-30 Twin 70mm EDF jet replicates this rarely modeled fighter in striking Extra Scale detail and offers unique flight characteristics and features. From its large size, functional air brake and highly-detailed retractable landing gear to the twin power system and the awesome turbine-like sound it delivers, this Su-30 is designed to impress. The model also features a unique Russian Falcons trim scheme that adds to the authenticity and in-flight visibility.
- Impressively large scale replica of the rarely modeled multirole Sukhoi fighter.
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance, molded-in panel lines and more.
- Functional Extra Scale features including an air brake, LED lights and sequenced gear doors.
- Twin 12-blade 70mm fans deliver excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motors and 80-amp ESCs.
- Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology.
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection.
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology.
- Ten factory-installed, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages.
- Electric retracts with detailed, shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces.
- Easy final assembly with removable wings and a magnetically secured nose cone.
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure.
- Unique factory-applied, high-visibility trim scheme and finish.
- Durable yet lightweight, fully-molded EPO airframe.
Approximate Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
Approximate Flight Time: 3 Minutes
CG (Center of Gravity): 4.5-5.9" (115-150mm) back from the leading edge of the wing at the wing root
Charger: Sold Separately
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw - High (Ailerons): Up and Down 0.59" (15mm)
Control Throw - High (Elevator): Up 1.6" (40mm), Down 1.3" (34mm)
Control Throw - High (Rudder): Left and Right 1.1" (28mm)
Expo (Ailerons): Low Rate 5%, High Rate 10%
Expo (Elevator): Low Rate 5%, High Rate 10%
Expo (Rudder): Low Rate 5%, High Rate 10%
Fan Size: 2.7" (70mm)
Flying Weight: 9.6lbs (4380g)
Length: 64.6" (1640mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
Minimum Speed Control: 80A Brushless, Included
Motor Size: 2860 1850Kv
Recommended Motor Battery: 6S 5000mAh w/IC5 Connector (sold separately)
Retracts: Nose Gear, Left & Right Main Gear
Servos: 9g Metal Gear, 9g Metal Gear Reverse, 13g Metal Gear, 13g Analog Metal Gear
Transmitter Range: Full
Trim Scheme Colors: White, Medium Blue, Dark Blue and Red
Wing Tube Length: 27.2" (690mm)
Wing Tube OD: 0.39" (10mm)
Wingspan: 43.3" (1100mm)
- (1) E-flite Su-30 Twin 70mm EDF with:
- (2) 1850Kv Brushless Inrunner Motors (installed)
- (2) 80A Brushless ESCs (installed)
- (10) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 5000-7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
This product was added to our catalog on December 9, 2019