The E-flite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Ducted Fan Jet is a replica of the world-renowned fighter flown by the U.S. Air Force. It's equipped with a 4S-compatible brushless motor and a 40-amp ESC that are matched to an 11-blade fan to deliver fantastic speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound. The factory-installed power system and servos help make it quick and easy to assemble the lightweight yet durable EPO airframe with bolt-on wings so you can be flying in less time than it takes to charge a battery. Optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable nose wheel is included so you can taxi, take off and land on runways, or you can leave the landing gear off for improved performance plus easy hand launches and landings on grass. You can also fly with or without the wing-mounted drop tanks and missiles depending on the look and handling you prefer. And it all adds up to deliver one of the easiest to enjoy and easiest to fly Eagle models ever!
- The easiest to fly high-performance F-15 Eagle EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the world-renowned air superiority fighter flown by the U.S. Air Force
- 11-blade 64mm fan delivers great vertical performance and top speed plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed high-power 4S-compatible brushless motor, 40-amp ESC and 5 servos
- Spektrum™ 6-channel 2.4GHz receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Optional-use fixed landing gear with steerable nose wheel
- Bolt-on wings with removable tanks and missiles
- Magnetically-secured nose cone and top hatch
- Durable yet lightweight molded EPO airframe
Airfoil Shape: Semi-symmetrical
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
CG (Center of Gravity): 3.3-3.5" (85-90mm)
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw - High (Ailerons): 0.59" (15mm)
Control Throw - High (Elevator): 0.79" (20mm)
Control Throw - Low (Ailerons): 0.47" (12mm)
Control Throw - Low (Elevator): 0.55" (14mm)
EDF Size: 2.5" (64mm) diameter, 11 blade
Flying Weight: 34-38oz (964-1077g)
Landing Gear: Wire nose gear and main gear foam wheels
Length: 38.6" (980mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
Minimum Speed Control: E-flite 40A w/EC3 connector included
Motor Size: 2840-3150 Brushless Outrunner included
Recommended Motor Battery: 3-4S LiPo, 2200-2600mAh
Servos: Five 9g included
Trim Scheme Colors: Tan, blue and white
Wingspan: 28.15" (715mm)
- (1) E-flite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF with:
- (1) 40A Brushless ESC
- (1) 3150Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (5) 9-Gram Servos
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- Full-range 5+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 4S 14.8V 2200mAh 30+C LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector (SPMX22004S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
I exclusively fly FPV, If you aren't you're missing out. The F-15 is an easy plane to install a camera and video transmitter with plenty of room under the canopy. A small AKK or Mach 3 transmitter with a MMCX whip antenna works great.
After a few attempts I got the hang of the gearless hand launch with SAFE on. It's easier if you have a little head wind. Once you are in the air and FLYING STRAIGHT switch off the stability control and then the fun starts. Grass landings are a cinch with the gear off and SAFE on.
At first I thought I'd have to add weight to the tail to get the plane to balance properly, but after a few flights realized you could slide the battery even farther back beyond an internal foam bulkhead and finally got it to balance without extra weight.
The maiden flight didn't require any trim at all.
I reduced the roll rate quite a bit under the recommended settings with extra expo and it still rolls very quickly (which is no problem flying FPV).
Hint: during setup, when you are assigning a switch to turn SAFE on and off, make sure you are in high rates or the switch won't assign.
It would be cool if you could fit higher capacity or higher voltage battery in the battery compartment (I'm using a 2200mah 50c 4 cell) but still getting 4-6 minute flight times.
It would also be nice if the plane had rudders but it still flies great without them.
All in all it's a fun plane to fly and an especially good value with the included AS3x/SAFE receiver.