EB48.3 4WD Competition 1/8 Electric Buggy Kit by Tekno RC
This product was added to our catalog on July 10, 2015.
This is the Tekno EB48.3 4WD Competition 1/8 Electric Buggy Kit. The EB48.3 is going to set new standards in the 1/8th Electric Buggy class. Starting with the suspension, Tekno completely redesigned the geometry. The updated design allows for better big jump landing prowess, while at the same time improving small bump compliance and consistency. Longer shocks have been added to deliver more suspension travel, and redesigned shock towers (TKR5268, TKR5269) optimize the shock angles. Revised upper camber link positions on both the front and rear shock tower provide setup options that improve driveability and traction in all conditions. The longer shocks utilize a piston (TKR6159) that was developed to adjust the compression/rebound characteristics. The lower arms (TKR5184, TKR5286) feature updated shock mounting locations. Clamping spring perches (TKR6140) and redesigned shock boots (TKR6144, TKR6145) are included to keep the shocks clean, smooth, and trouble free. Tekno also included the left and right handed shock mounting screws (TKR1240) to ensure you never lose a shock during operation.
The rear hubs (TKR5199) allow the option of using the standard CV axles or optional universal driveshafts. At the front of the vehicle are updated trailing steering spindles (TKR5193) and spindle carriers (TKR5194). The trailing components vastly improve high speed bump handling in addition to smoothing out the steering response. The vehicle initiates turns more predictably and finishes corners better than ever before. Larger bearings are now fitted to the front spindles for improved durability. The spindles will also accommodate the upcoming universal driveshafts.
The V2 hinge pin braces (TKR5161, TKR5162, TKR5163, TKR5164, TKR5165) have found their way into the EB48.3 and allow provide more adjustability than ever before. Changing the roll centers at the hinge pin is now an easy task and allows you to set up the vehicle for any conditions. Front arm sweep, kickup, rear anti-squat, and rear toe are all adjustable. A revised chassis was designed to increase clearance for the many V2 hinge pin positions.
The Tekno low profile wing mount (TKR5181) is included to lower the CG of the whole vehicle. A revised front bumper (TKR5166) increases front ground clearance. Straight camber link rod ends (TKR5187) were used to improve consistency in corners. Maintenance is easier with the addition of the split center differential mount (TKR5260, TKR5263). Finally, the box setup has been tuned by some of the best drivers in the world to give racers a vehicle that they can confidently drive in most conditions. With the extensive list of adjustments and improvements, it is easier than ever to tune the vehicle to your driving style and track conditions.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels and tires shown in photos are shown for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Completely redesigned suspension geometry with;
- Redesigned front arms
- Redesigned rear arms
- Redesigned front and rear 7075 CNC aluminum shock towers
- Redesigned extra long shocks for increased suspension travel
- Redesigned tapered 4 x 1.8mm shock pistons
- Redesigned clamping spring perches with captured shock boots
- Redesigned rear hubs
- Redesigned trailing front spindles and spindle carriers
- Redesigned V2 hinge pin braces and inserts
- Low profile wing mount
- Revised bumper for increased ground clearance
- Split center differential mount
- Straight turnbuckle rod ends
- Tapered aluminum front center driveshaft
- Left and right hand threaded shock mount screws
- Easily adjustable droop screws
- Revised shock standoffs for easier droop measurement
- Longer rear sway bar for more consistent traction
- Updated chassis with increased clearance for V2 hinge pin settings
- Updated setup sheet for improved handling
Length: 435mm (without wing)
Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
Weight: 3200g (7.0lb) (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 500g battery, rx, etc)
Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 44t
Battery Tray Dimensions: 50x148mm (2x2s or 1x4s config)
Needed to Complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- 1/8 Scale ESC and motor
- High torque steering servo, optional brake servo
- Pinion or Traktion Drive / Elektri-Clutch system
- 4-6s LiPo battery
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools
TEKNO hit a home run with this one. It is the ultimate buggy I dream of.
Easy to build, great kit.
I strongly recommend it to anyone who's in the market for a buggy.
It handles like a dream. If you have extra $$, go for the 0.4 version but I think eb48.3 is still a great car already.)