Dominus 10SCv2 4x4 Brushless Truck (G2) by Helion RC
The Helion Dominus 10SCv2 4x4 Short Course Truck (G2) offers speed, durability and value unheard of in its class. A 2.4 GHz 3-channel radio system eliminates frequency conflicts, while the 3500kv Reaktor brushless motor churns out blistering acceleration and incredible top speeds in excess of 30mph through the beefy shaft based all metal gear transmission. Constructed from lightweight yet strong material, the fully independent suspension and oil filled shocks soak up even the worst terrain.
A 3000mAh 7-Cell NiMH rechargeable battery pack with High Current T-Plug provides excellent runtime while an incredibly efficient LiPo compatible waterproof 35A programmable electronic speed controller (ESC) puts you in full control. Full ball bearings throughout the vehicle reduce friction and increase runtime. A robust waterproof 6kg servo gives crisp steering response while the high grip; long wear tires keep you hooked up over a multitude of surfaces. Included is a 1 Amp A/C wall charger that improves your driving-to-waiting ratio.
NOTE: The model shown may not be an accurate representation of the color you will receive. Colors are selected randomly. The Helion Dominus 10SCv2 4x4 G2 model HLNA0582 is available in two different colors, red or yellow. If you would like a specific color, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
- Reaktor 50-4 Brushless System: The 50A All-Weather Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) provides great performance in driving conditions. Paired with the 3000kV 4-Pole brushless motor delivers dominating speed. The programmable ESC includes thermal overload protection with low voltage cut-off to keep your system running in safe limits when used with up to 3S LiPo.
- 3000mAh Battery &1A Charger: A 3000mAh 7-cell NiMH rechargeable battery pack with HCT-plug delivers the power necessary to reach speeds in excess of 30mph while the included AC charger gets you going out of the box.
- Advanced IKONNIK 3-Channel Transmitter: Utilizing one of the most advanced 2.4GHz radios in its class, the HRS3.2 brings features that are typically found only in high end radios. This user friendly transmitter includes cutting-edge functions; such as end point adjustment, dual rates, digital trims, servo reversing and easy pairing. Taking things a step further, the HRS3.2 also incorporates three unique features: beginner mode, feature lock and factory reset. Now users at all levels can enjoy the benefits of this advanced technology with confidence.
- Ready to Run: The Helion Donimus 10SCv2 is Ready to Run and comes 100% factory-assembled with a 3-Channel, 2.4GHz IKONNIK radio with fully proportional steering and throttle control, 7-Cell 8.4V Ni-MH battery pack, AC charger and multi-purpose wrench. All you need to complete is 4 x ‘AA’ cells for the transmitter.
- Adjustable Suspension: Long travel suspension arms and adjustable oil filled coil-over tuned shocks with bladders, keep you in control over the roughest terrain.
- All Metal Gear Transmission: Extremely durable all-metal main gears and rugged planetary differential gets the power to the ground with reduced maintenance and servicing.
- Tires: High grip, long wear tires coupled with realistic off-road styled wheels keep you locked in and ready for any condition.
- Precision Ball Bearings: Low friction ball bearings keep your drivetrain running smooth and efficient. Using rubber seals keep the grease in and the dirt out, increasing run time and speed.
LiPo Compatibility: 3S
Motor: 3000 kV Radient Reaktor 4 Pole Brushless, Sensorless
ESC: 50A Programmable, 3s LiPo Compatible
Battery: HCT-Plug Connector, Hump Configuration
Gear Pitch: 32 P (P:15, S:54)
Wheels: 12mm Hex (24mm OS, TRX and KYO Compatible)
Length: 540mm (21.26in)
Height: 215mm (8.46in)
Width: 290mm (11.42in)
Wheelbase: 327mm (12.87in)
Weight (approx): 2523g (5lb-9oz)
Internal Gear Ratio: 3.4:1
- Dominus 10SCv2 4x4 Short Course Truck
- HRS-3.1 2.4GHz Radio System
- 3000 mAh 8.4V High Output 7 Cell NiMH battery w/ HCT-Plug
- 7 Cell NiMH AC Wall Charger
- (4) AA-size batteries for transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on May 17, 2016.
This car is durable. My 9-year old son and I crashed it numerous times against curbs and flipped it way more than we should have. No issues at all. I was impressed with the speed with the stock brushless motor and basic battery. Probably 30 mph. The acceleration is quick and easy to control. I know some have said to get a lipo battery instead to really fully utilize the motor. I might do that in the future but, for me, no rush since I think it's fast enough right out of the box.
The charger is super basic. Essentially, it's just a plug with the connector. No light is on the charger so just be aware how long you're charging it to know if it's fully charged. You could use a voltage tester if you wish. The battery lasted longer than I expected. As I cruised around the grass and sidewalks and street, I was running it for about 25 minutes and it still didn't drain it 100%.
Some talk about the bran Helion and how it's so-so. I thought about getting a comparable Traxxas like the Rustler. I heard those are great too. That's only 2WD and no brushless for a similar price.
Overall, I really like this RC car. Very rugged and built well. It's fast enough for me and handles nicely. Under 200 for a brushless motor and good car is a great deal. I'll probably get a 2 cell lipo to see how it improves the speed.)
when I handed this to my friend to test it out, he did crash into the side of a building cracking a steering mount, which was easily replaced with parts form HobbyTown(great support by the way).
Couple of complaint I have is the lipo does not come standard, but its understandable to have the NiMh for beginners/novices. the second being the body is not as attractive as one would hope(a bit chubby in my opinion), but I am hopeful aftermarket replacement bodies would cure that in the future.
Overall, if you are considering this for your first Brushless system, I would highly recommend it! It is a great price and the system is highly durable, strong and also good off-road!)