DNX8/DEX8 1/8 "X V2" Shock Piston (2) (1.4mm x 6 Hole) by VRP
Updated "X V2" Pistons
25% Stronger, Updated Washers & Adjustable with Optional Hard Valve (VRP1205).
This is a pack of two VRP "X V2" Flat Shock Pistons, intended for use with Team Durango 1/8 Scale Off-Road Vehicles. "X" pistons are designed to increase the rebound of the shock, without any compression changes, to keep your tires on the surface and in traction.
To achieve this, "X" shocks are designed with a Transition Valve that opens during rebound, but remains closed during compression. As the shock absorbs a force, compression remains the same, but during rebound, additional oil passed through the valve making it quicker.
The pistons come complete with the Transition Valve pre-installed. The Rebound Booster hole has been precision drilled to the exact size testing found to be the best 'all around' setting. This yields excellent results that are proven on a variety of track surfaces. From rough, blown out tracks, to smooth, indoor clay, the VRP Piston makes a positive difference and gives you a big advantage over the competition.
- Many piston sizes available
- Increased rebound
- Patent pending design
- Installed Transition Valve
- No compression changes
- No crazy setup changes
- Use the stock washers or e-clips that came with your kit. You will find that the pistons fit better than stock, and you may need to slightly bend your e-clips to remove any play. In addition, you will feel a difference in the piston because it is designed for the oil to flow through the holes instead of around the perimeter. We suggest using the normal oil you would use for this piston size. Remember, the compression stroke stays the same, just the rebound will be quicker.
- This piston will act like a stock piston in compression. For tracks that are rough, or even blown out, we suggest the taper version. It takes 'pack' out of the shock and softens the suspension to absorb the ruts and bumps much better.
- The Piston is designed to have the 'X' Washer used at all times. The Transition Valves are made from a very high strength rubber compound and will most likely last the lifetime of the car.
- The Piston is marked on the underside what size it is. Think of the center hole as the decimal point and put the number to the right side. If you see a '6', then it has 1 point 6 holes in it. If you see a '3', then it has 1 point 3 holes, etc. The Split Pistons have 2 numbers that match the hole sizes.
Note: The VRP 8th Pistons are designed to have a washer under them. It is important to run the washer, and that it is the correct washer. If not, the Piston will not be properly supported and can lead to failure. VRP have provided the correct washers. You will need to locktite your nut on.
This product was added to our catalog on July 1, 2016.