D817 1/8 Off-Road Competition Nitro Buggy Kit by HB Racing
This product was added to our catalog on April 5, 2017.
2016 IFMAR World Champion!
The HB Racing D817 1/8 scale nitro buggy is a proven champ, taking the 2016 IFMAR World Championships win in Las Vegas with David Ronnefalk at the wheel. That's back-to-back World titles for the HB in the most competitive class in RC racing. The D817 adds key features based on extensive testing and racing at the hands of HB Factory drivers.
The foundation for the D817 starts with a 7075 aircraft aluminum chassis that adds 4mm of length to the rear of the car which allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially on high-speed corners. The chassis is now symmetrical for better balance and more consistent jumping and cornering, and has been strategically machined to decrease weight and balance the flex characteristics.
Reliability has always been a trademark of the winning cars from HB Racing, and the D817 continues that tradition. High strength steel center drive shafts, tough sintered diff gears, precision machined steel input gears and spur gear, and machined aluminum wheel hubs have been combined with steel Universal Joints that Team Drivers favor for improved performance on bumpy tracks.
The unique HB Racing monocoque suspension arms allow fine tuning of the stiffness of the front and rear arms to suit track conditions and driving styles. Racers can adjust the grip and feeling of the arms using optional stiff arms and carbon plates to increase the torsional stiffness of the suspension arms, which gives the car a more forgiving feeling at the limit, especially on high-speed and high-traction corners. Plus, the suspension includes front and rear machined aluminum shock towers, adjustable turnbuckles, front and rear sway bars, hinge pin inserts for easy toe and anti-squat settings, machined aluminum caster blocks, steering blocks and redesigned rear uprights with improved geometry.
Topping off the D817 is a clear Pro-Line Predator buggy body and Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan wing. HB's popular one-piece High Wing Mount is standard equipment, and raises the wing 10mm higher than the low wing mount, putting the wing in less turbulent air flow which helps produce more downforce. All these features combined make the D817 one of the fastest, most adjustable, and easiest to drive 1/8 buggies ever produced with World Championship performance straight out of the box.
NOTE: Wheels, tires, engine, pipe and electronics shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Long wheelbase 7075 aluminum chassis
- Fine adjustment aluminum D-Mount
- Revised rear upright geometry
- Universal drive shafts
- Universal & CVA compatibility
- 43/13 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- Covered radio box
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks
- Aluminum steering blocks
- Carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coil over shocks
- Hard anodized aluminum shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Split center bulkhead
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan rear wing
- Pro-Line Predator clear buggy body
Gear Ratio: 43:13
- D817 Kit
- 500wt Shock Fluid
- 5K, 3K & 2K Diff Fluid
- Pro-Line Predator Body
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan Wing
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Wheels, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tools for Assembly