Crusher 2S-4S Crawler Brushless ESC & Ballistic Motor Combo (13.5T) by Novak
This is the Novak Crusher 2S-4S Crawler Brushless Combo, with an included 13.5 Turn Ballistic Crawler Motor and Simple Tuner. Rock Crawling has become more than just getting across tough terrain the safest way possible. Rock races, tough truck challenges, and various forms of ultra and ultimate 4x4 formats have created a demand for a wide range, high powered, compact system.
The Crusher Rock Crawler combos are here to answer that call. Each combo includes Novak’s Crusher ESC which includes all of the proven Novak rock crawling features like powered hill brakes, instant reverse, and full-time sensor-based performance for unmatched low- speed throttle response and power. Add to that a completely rebuildable Ballistic Crawler Brushless Motor, and a system that comes ready to install out of the package, and the Novak Crusher Crawler Combo has everything you’ve been looking for!
Three Systems Available
Novak offers three crawling motors from the faster 13.5-turn Ballistic Crawler to the ultra-fine control of the 21.5-turn. Ballistic Crawler motors feature a larger-diameter 14mm rotor for maximum torque and braking. Each combo pairs the mutil-use Crusher ESC, which defaults to its crawling-specific profile when hooked up to the Ballistic Crawler motor. For added versatility, the crawling motor can be replaced with a standard 540-size, 550-size, or 4-pole motor without any other modifications for amazing performance off the rocks!
- 13.5T (NOV3856) - Provides excellent wheel spin paired with superior torque, and ideal speed for builders looking for a 2S LiPo-friendly system that is ready to run with nothing extra needed to install. Great for Rock Racers and Scalers looking for a fast 2S system with the ability to also maneuver at ultra low-speeds.
- 18.5T (NOV3858) - Offers a good balance of torque and wheel spin and is ideal for 2S-4S Rock Crawling applications where low-speed controlability is important.
- 21.5T (NOV3859) - Provides the lowest wheel speed and highest torque of any of the three systems. Ideal for 2S-4S Rock Crawling, and other forms of rigs or robotic applications that require ultra-fine control.
Feature-Packed Speed Control
The Crusher is race-ready with a built-in and heavy-duty 5-amp BEC, wide 2S-4S voltage range, and enhanced Novak X-Drive firmware upgrades. Novak crawling ESCs have the most powerful hold/hill brakes in the industry, and the Crusher features Power Brake settings that will hold even the heaviest crawlers on the steepest of inclines. When you are done scaling tough descents and need to get to the next obstacle or down the trail faster, the Crusher utilizes Novak’s Rock Boost™for added RPM and top speed. The Crusher’s sealed case design, complete coverage heat sink, and included cooling fan ensure you can thrash on your rig run after run.
Completely Rebuildable Design
Novak's Ballistic Crawler motors are completely rebuildable. At the track, service and repairs are a snap, allowing you to get back to turning laps right away. Replaceable sensor harness, replaceable and tuning rotors, replaceable sensor board, replaceable stator, replaceable end bells and bearings - you name it. If the motor has it, you can pick up the spare part and be back in action in no time!
Novak Built & Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Lake Forest, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Crusher Crawler Brushless System is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team, and include Novak's One-Year Product Warranty.
- Rugged performance sensor-based combo for 2S, 3S and 4S rock crawling, rock racing, trail hauling, and non-racing “go-fast” setups
- Durable ESC design with sealed case and replaceable wires
- Heavy-duty Built-in 5A BEC
- Novak’s Power Hill/Hold Brakes for extreme holding power in crawling applications
- Novak Rock Boost™--Dynamic Timing Advance for increased RPM
- Complete onboard programming- Nothing extra needed
- Auto-detect LiPo Cutoff and ESC Thermal Overload Protection
- Novak X-Drive™ firmware for unmatched throttle response and control
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes a one-year warranty
- Completely rebuildable brushless motor with high torque crawling rotor
- Designed, assembled, and tested by Team Novak in Lake Forest, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / Drag Brake / R (F / B / R when used with a non-crawling motor)
- Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2-4S LiPo cells/4-14 NiMH (Lipo recommended for performance setups and when using RPM Boost Timing)
- Size (in/mm): 1.16” x 1.47” x 0.96" (29.5 x 37.3 x 24.4 mm)
- Weight (oz/g): 1.42 oz. (40.4 g)
- On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp. (brushless)
- Motor Limit:
- Brushless 2S: 6.5-turn 540-size (13.5T Crawler); 4.5T 550-size
- Brushless 3S: 13.5-turn 540-size (13.5T Crawler); 6.5T 550-size
- Brushless 4S: 13.5-turn 540-size (13.5T Crawler); 7.5T 550-size
- BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps
- Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
- Motor Turn: 13.5T
- Motor Part Number: 3614
- Motor Size (540): 2.07" x 1.41" (52.6 x 35.8mm)
- Motor Weight: 6.6 oz. (187g)
- Shaft Diameter: 0.125"
- Kv (Unloaded): 2,000 RPM/volt
- Watts: 195
- Magnetic Material: Sintered Neodymium
- Design: Sensored
This product was added to our catalog on May 19, 2015.