Crosslink 2.2" Rear Buggy Tires (2) (Ultra Soft) by AKA
This product was added to our catalog on September 9, 2016.
This is a pack of two AKA Crosslink 2.2" Rear Buggy Tires with included red inserts. Building off of the success of the 2.2 Chainlink, AKA has developed a new tire built from the 2.2 carcass, the Crosslink. The Crosslink features a symmetrical open tread pattern designed to break in quickly and provide unparalleled forward traction. This additional forward traction is perfect for today's high powered 1/10 buggies and allows a more aggressive steering setup without the worry of losing on-power control. The Crosslink has been designed for hard packed or blue groove, indoor and outdoor tracks. Available in championship winning Clay, Ultra Soft and Super Soft compounds with Red inserts.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.