Criterion 10B 2WD Electric Buggy by Helion RC
This product was added to our catalog on May 16, 2016.
The Helion Criterion 10B 2WD Buggy offers performance, durability and value in an incredibly user-friendly package constructed from lightweight yet strong material, the fully independent suspension and oil filled shocks soak up even the worst terrain. A 2.4 GHz 3-channel radio system eliminates frequency conflicts, while the 12-turn motor churns out blistering acceleration and incredible top speeds in excess of 30 mph.
A 3000mAh 7 cell NiMH rechargeable battery pack provides excellent runtime while an incredibly efficient LiPo compatible waterproof metric 30A electronic speed controller (ESC) with reverse puts you in full control. Full ball bearings throughout the vehicle reduce friction and increase runtime. A robust waterproof servo gives crisp steering response while the high grip; long wear tires keep you hooked up over a multitude of surfaces. Included is a 1 Amp A/C wall charger that improves your driving to waiting ratio.
NOTE: The model shown may not be an accurate representation of the color you will receive. Colors are selected randomly. The Helion Criterion 10B model HLNA0586 is available in two different colors, red or blue. If you would like a specific color, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
- Metric 12T High-Speed Motor: The Metric 12-Turn motor produces class leading speeds & torque. With an internal fan, the motor runs cooler, maximizing efficiency & sustaining performance.
- Metric 30A ESC (2S LiPo): The waterproof Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) provides great performance in all weather conditions. The proportional throttle control with reverse & brake is perfect for all skill levels. Ready for upgrades, the ESC supports up to 2s LiPo.
- 3000mAh Battery & 1A Charger: A 3000mAh 7 cell NiMh rechargeable battery pack delivers the power necessary to reach speeds in excess of 30 mph while the included 1 Amp charger improves your driving-to-waiting ratio.
- HRS-3.1 2.4GHZ Radio System: Utilizing one of the most advanced 2.4GHz radios on the basher market, the HRS-3.1 brings features to your hand that are typically found in high end radios! This product is not only user friendly, but also includes cutting-edge functions such as end point adjustment, dual rates, digital trims, servo reversing & easy binding.
- Water Resistant: Utilizing a water resistant receiver box with a waterproof servo and ESC means more fun in more conditions including rain, puddles and snow!
- Planetary Differential: Super efficient, rugged metal geared planetary differential gets the power to the ground with reduced maintenance and easy servicing.
- Adjustable Suspension: Long travel suspension arms and adjustable oil filled coil-over turned shocks with bladders, keep you in control over the roughest terrain.
- Durable Composites: Rugged, engineering grade high impact composite chassis components provide both the strength and durability to keep you running on course.
- All Terrain Traction: High grip, long wear tires coupled with realistic off-road styled wheels keep you locked in and ready for any condition.
- Precision Ball Bearings: Rubber sealed bearings keep your drivetrain running smooth and efficient by keeping the dirt out of and the grease in!
- Four wheel independent suspension: Independent suspension provides superior cornering in all conditions and maximizing landing over jumps and bumps.
- Dual bellcrank ball baring steering with servo saver: The same system found on world champion winning buggies protects precision servo gears in high impact situations.
- Low friction telescoping drive shafts: By allowing the driveshafts to extend and contract it dramatically reduces wear and tear in the drive train.
- High Speed 12 turn 540 size motor: 540 size and 12 turns allows explosive launches and high speeds.
- Separate waterproof ESC and servo: Unlike 2 in 1 systems the separate servo and ESC do not require a compromise in placement and quality.
- Tool-less battery strap: Keeps battery safe and secure without the need of tools to fasten and remove.
- Universal and adjustable wing mounts: Wing mounts allow driver the freedom to tune for the ideal performance.
Lipo compatibility: 2s
Motor: 12T 540 Brushed
Battery: Tamiya ® Connector, Hump Configuration
Gear Pitch: 48P (P:20, S:78)
Wheels: 12mm Hex (ASC and KYO compatible)
Length: 386.40mm (15.21in)
Height: 153.15mm (6.03in)
Width: 249mm (9.80 in)
Wheelbase: 283mm (11.14in)
Weight (approx.): 1560g (3.44lb)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.62:1
- Criterion 1:10 Scale 2wd Electric Off-Road Buggy
- HRS-3.1 2.4GHz Radio System
- 3000mAh 7 Cell Battery
- 7 Cell NiMH 1 Amp AC Wall Charger
Needed to Complete:
- (4) AA-size batteries for transmitter
It's my first hobby RC car and I'm pretty impressed. The speed it phenomenal and the range is great. One downside is the turning response, due to the servo I have learned. I'll be upgrading that next.
The only real downside so far is that I had to have the receiver replaced as it glitched out. All the sudden the car had very limited range. HobbyTown was quick to help and their customer service was excellent. I'll be sure to return for the servo upgrade in the near future.)
1. This car has tons of rear torque/ at the rear wheels. I have popped off the rear axles numerous times because the roll pin they use is too short / poor design and pops out of the u joint if you accelerate suddenly while transitioning from type turf to another (grass to concrete) etc . I replace the roll pin with a nail / bolt/ locking wire etc .
2 . The ESC is only held on with double stick tape . No way this is going to hold up in the heat . Mine was flopping around inside the chassis when I opend the box for the first time. Fix = I drilled a couple of holes in the mounting plate that the ESC is mounted on and used zip ties to secure the ESC to its mount .
3 . The steering arms pop off frequently if you hit something you shouldn't. Luckily they pop right back on . I mark them with blue tape so I can find them if they come off totally . Not sure how to keep them on . I figured if they pop off it is preventing something else from breaking .
Overall the speed / price is worth it .if you don't mind making some improvements on the original design.)
The cars are not bad but they are "economy" version of more pricey buggies. Parts are cheep so I don't stress it. When they are running they are fun. If you have play with them long enough stuff will break.
I have broken as many parts on my Traxxas Slash so it is what it is.)