Crawler King RTR 4WD Rock Crawler by HPI Racing w/1973 Ford Bronco Body, 2.4GHz Radio & Battery
This is the HPI Crawler King RTR 4WD Rock Crawler, with an included 1973 Ford Bronco Body, 2.4GHz Radio System, 2000mAh NiMH Battery and Battery Charger. Take on any terrain with the all-wheel drive, mighty Crawler King! Fitted with waterproof components, full-time 4WD and super-tough straight axles, the Crawler King can get over the steepest rocks and ford deep streams without breaking a sweat!
The tough, ladder frame-style TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis is narrow so it can squeeze through the narrowest openings as it's climbing, while the articulated suspension design allows the solid axles to rotate to extreme angles. This gives the HB Rover tires at all four corners the grip and traction neeed to pull the Crawler King up impossibly steep angles. The battery is secured in the front of the chassis, above the front angle, to give the Crawler King the best possible weight distribution, and waterproof electronics and receiver box let you take the truck through mud and across streams without worry.
The Crawler King is topped with a realistic retro Ford Bronco body for a fantastic scale look. The body is painted in a cream-white color and fitted with photorealistic decals so it looks exactly like the real thing as it's climbing up hills in your local forest or park. Finishing off the Crawler King are beadlock-style wheels and the awesome-looking HB Rover tires.
The Crawler King kit is fully assembled, with a painted Ford Bronco body and glued tires, so all you have to do to get driving is charge the battery with the included charger! The truck is fitted with a 2.4GHz radio system, which means you don't have to think about changing radio frequencies - the radio does all the work for you! Batteries for the radio transmitter are even included, so you don't need a single thing to get out and drive!
- Easy to Drive: The Crawler King is super-easy to drive and get familiar with – to drive the truck, simply pick up the controller with your left hand, put your left index finger into the trigger area, and then put your right hand on the steering wheel – it’s as natural as driving a real car! Turn the wheel to go left and right and gently pull on the trigger with your left index finger to go forwards. To brake the truck and come to a stop, gently push away from you with your left index finger. It takes just seconds to get used to driving an RC car, and soon you'll be doing climbing rocks and hills with ease!
- Element-Proof Protection: The Crawler King features protection for its electronics and it's ready to tackle wet conditions like mud, rain and snow! The 2.4GHz receiver is safely stored in an element-proof receiver box, protecting it in wet conditions to ensure glitch-free operation. The waterproof SF-10W steering servo and waterproof electronic speed controller complete the package, allowing you to enjoy the action on the road no matter what the weather is like! Please note: the electronics are not designed for submerged operation. Be sure to rinse off any dirt or salt water with clean water immediately after driving. Check the receiver box to make sure no water is inside and let dry fully before driving again.
- 55-Turn Crawling Motor: The brushed crawling motor fitted as standard equipment in the Crawler King is the tried and tested HPI 55-turn Saturn motor, a true workhorse that puts the maximum torque through the transmission and into the driveshafts. The brushed design of the motor is perfect for tough conditions like water, mud and snow, making it perfect for long off-road runs!
- Waterproof Speed Controller: The HPI 35SC-WP speed controller is the brain of the Crawler King, taking the signals from the receiver and telling the 55-turn Saturn motor how much to spin. Its element-proof design allows the Crawler King to pull itself through rough and wet terrain, and the standard plugs let you use extra battery packs or optional motors in the truck very easily.
- Universal-Fit Body Mounts: Changing the look of the Crawler King is very easy with the standard-fit body mounts! You can fit all RC monster truck bodies from HPI using the standard body mount holes, and the body mounts even adjust easily up and down to let you fit SUV-style and pick-up bodies, so you can update or change the entire look of your Crawler King in seconds!
- Grippy Crawling Tires and Extra-Cool Wheels: The awesome black 8-spoke off-road beadlock-inspired wheels that are standard equipment on the Crawler King are wrapped with HB Rover tires - a crawling championship-winning tire featuring a unique extra-versatile tread design that let you take the Crawler King to amazing heights!
Length: 431.8mm (17in)
Width: 297.2mm (11.7in)
Height: 254mm (10in)
Wheelbase: 238.8mm (9.4in)
Tires: 135mm x 69mm (5in x 3in)
Suspension Travel: 152.4mm (6in)
Motor: 55T Saturn
ESC: SC-15WP waterproof
Servo: SF-10W waterproof
Battery: 7.2V 2000mAh NiMH
Charger: Universal wall charger
Needed To Complete:
- Nothing! Everything is included; even four "AA" batteries for the transmitter!
This product was added to our catalog on December 22, 2014.