Cougar KF2 SE Mid Motor 2WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Kit by Schumacher
This product was added to our catalog on November 17, 2015.
Schumacher's KF2 SE Spec kit makes the KF2 the most versatile car on the market, suitable for almost any track condition! Based on the multiple national championship winning Cougar KF, the KF2 SE includes an adjustable motor position for optimum weight distribution on high or low grip tracks. Plus, the SE version includes the option for all 3 motor positions, all in one box! Among the KF2's many other refinements are a black alloy chassis, bodyshell, alloy chassis stiffeners, lightweight side gears and QUAD pad vented slipper unit. These and other exciting features make the KF2 SE more reliable, easier to work on and above all, faster! The Cougar KF2 is equipped with industry standard 12mm hex front and rear wheels and Schumacher’s legendary Big Bore Shocks to soak up the bumps.
- Includes the option for all 3 motor positions, all in one box!
- Standard Forward Motor - Super High grip Astro
- Low Grip Position - Medium Grip Astro and grass - As used at the IFMAR Worlds
- Mid Motor Position - Medium and Low traction such as dirt and sandy/dusty Astro - As used at the EFRA Euros
- Redesigned Rear pivot straps that includes Anti-Squat and Inboard Toe-In options, two toe-in options in the kit with roll centre adjustment.
- Redesigned Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)
- Redesigned Super consistent, industry leading QUAD pad, vented slipper with easy access and NEW Ultra Fine adjustment spring.
- Redesigned 2.5mm Black Hard Anodised Alloy chassis.
- Redesigned Alloy Chassis Stiffeners, no front top deck for easier radio access/installation.
- Redesigned Simplified Motor Mount with increased cooling.
- Redesigned Fully optimised suspension geometry Fast, consistent handling.
- Redesigned Pro Ball studs for 2mm hex.
- Redesigned Updated steering assembly for less play and easier use.
- Redesigned Optional fan mount for improved cooling under high load conditions.
- Redesigned Lightweight, narrower side gears for increased efficiency.
- Redesigned AirFlo Cab body shell for improved looks and handling.
- Redesigned Updated Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts, CNC machined 3 hole, 1.6mm rear and 1.5mm front pistons with recessed ‘e’clips, threaded collars, with twin O ring sealing and diaphragm volume compensation.
- Redesigned Shock Seal Pack Housing with added 'O' ring sealing.
- Redesigned CORE RC Springs, in the box!
- Redesigned Layshaft side mount with increased stability and rigidity for the spur, with improved tollerance.
- Redesigned Quick Release Layshaft.
- Long front wishbones Improved corner speed and super safe handling.
- Horizontally split transmission housings for easy diff access and maintenance.
- Strong front steering hub, with fine ‘Kwik Klip’ adjustment.
- Lightweight side gears to rotate the motor in the same direction as the wheels. Gives excellent jump control and stability.
- Single belt transmission with efficient low tension Bando belts running on large CNC machined pulleys, gives super smooth, quick acceleration.
- 12mm Hex Wheels with clean look and industry standard offset.
- Moulded side pods for superb dirt protection. Fantastic dirt seal with no handling compromise.
- Hi-Tensile, revised style silver turnbuckles.
- Gear Differential with hardened steel gears and super hard outputs. Excellent Diff Life! Optional ball diff available.
- Maximum dimension wing. Superb airflow control and maximum downforce. Enhances the AirFlo Cab package.
- Central motor layout offers superb cornering on high grip tracks.
- Front & Rear, Shock Nut Guards. Look Cool and Protect your car and the track from damage.
Power Source: ELECTRIC
Model Type: 2WD, OFF-ROAD, COMPETITION
Top Speed: 40 MPH+
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio
- Electric Speed Control
- Tires & Glue
- Motor Pinion
- Saddle Lipo Battery (or Shorty with Optional Parts not included)
- Battery Charger
Building it went really smooth other than my messup. Straight out of the box I had to do some tuning to get it to run right.
So far have raced the car 3 times with great results at my local track. Properly set-up this a very fast and stable car, but be aware that it will take a bit of experimentation to get it right.
I run it in the long wheelbase option, rear shocks behind the wishbone, 25 weight shock oil all around, core rc white Springs all around, team orion motor answer speed control with team orion shorty batteries mid motor position. Car is very stable and responsive. Correct trees will make a big difference also.
Looking at purchasing the k2 next due to schumachers well built cars and very good instructions. Love this car and glad I made this purchase.)