Cougar KD 2WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Kit (Dirt) by Schumacher
The Schumacher Cougar KD 2WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy was designed for low traction dirt tracks. After a great performance at the European Off-Road Championships in Spain the KD prototype proved its pedigree. Both cars qualified for the ‘A’ Main, with Michal Orlowski finishing 3rd on the podium. The KD has the adjustability to be set up perfectly, from loose dirt to hard packed clay tracks as well as other low grip surfaces. Whether tight and twisty or open and flowing - the Cougar KD, takes dirt seriously.
NOTE: Tires and painted body shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- 3 gear, stand up gear box, with new 14 ball differential, Optional gear diff available.
- Super sleek, ‘Gull Wing’ wishbones with new Anti Roll Bar option.
- Front outer hinge pin design, grub screw fixing for improved pin retention.
- Carbon fiber side pods for advanced chassis stiffness tuning.
- Multiple battery fitting options. Saddle, square and shorty.
- Sleek, ‘Shark Fin’ bodyshell.
- 2 sets of lightweight posts to suit standard and modern low profile batteries.
- Easy to use Battery thumb screws.
- 2.5mm aluminum chassis, with sensor lead wiring channels.
- Lightweight ball mounted, two piece shock cap with bleed screw and vented option.
- Two hole color coded shock pistons front and rear.
- Rear transmission mounted pivot strap. Superb chassis clearance.
- Lightweight, twin pad slipper clutch with new Ultra Fine adjustment spring.
- Alloy transmission housings.
- Fully optimized suspension geometry - Fast, consistent handling.
- Front Camber Captive ball joints.
- Narrow rear 12mm hex.
- Large “CLAW” high downforce rear wing.
- Front 5 deg yokes with adjustable roll center heights.
- Adjustable rear roll centers, inboard toe-in and anti-squat (using optional speed secret parts).
- Big bore shocks with big bore “CORE” springs, titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
- Shock seal pack housing with 'O' ring sealing to prevent loosening.
- 26 super precision ball bearings.
- Strong, rigid 4mm carbon fiber shock brackets.
- Strong steel universal driveshafts.
- Compact steering system for improved in-line weight placement, with adjustable and dynamic ackerman.
- Class leading suspension geometry with durable components and a range of optional alloy parts, offering adjustments to set up your COUGAR KD for all track conditions.
- Pro Ball studs with 2mm hex.
- Strong front steering hub, with fine ‘Kwik Klip’ adjustment.
- 12mm Hex Wheels with clean look and industry standard offset.
- Hi-Tensile, strong steel silver turnbuckles.
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio
- Electric Speed Control
- Motor Pinion
- Lipo Battery
- Paint for Bodyshell
This product was added to our catalog on February 20, 2017.
This is by far the easiest kit I've built! Lately, I've built Associated, Losi, Serpent and the way they truly put each step in a small bag is awesome. I don't always get much time so I could build a small part of it and come back without having to leave everything out.
I have not raced it yet but everything went together really well.)