Colossus XT Mega Brushless 4WD Monster Truck by CEN w/HobbyWing ESC, Savox Steel Gear Servo & 2.4GHz Radio
This product was added to our catalog on March 14, 2017.
Unleash the Beast!
The Colossus XT is the latest evolution of massive electric-powered monster truck design. CEN Racing engineers have created a durable, basher-inspired platform that is certain to please the most demanding R/C enthusiast.
It all begins with a DVP (Dual Vertical Plate) chassis incorporating robust 3mm anodized alloy side frames mated to an optimized gearbox and drivetrain that include oversized driveshafts, dogbones, axles, front CVD joints and hardware to deliver maximum durability, performance and ease of maintenance. The oversized aluminum coil-over shocks are coupled to a race-inspired suspension package that dominates the toughest terrain or most intimidating jump. The huge, high-grip tires are factory assembled and mounted to strong and stylish black chrome wheels that accent the aggressive stance and appearance of the pre-painted and decorated body shell.
The heart of any monster truck is the motor, electronic speed control and servo. The Colossus XT excels in this category by offering - as standard equipment - a Hobbywing 150A ESC with reverse, a 1450kv sensorless brushless motor, and a powerful Savox steering servo. Reliable, interference-free control is provided by the 2.4GHz pistol-grip transmitter with digital trims, ATV, and a bonus third channel for lights or other user-installed options. The receiver is protected from dust, dirt, rocks or moisture by the heavy-duty, sealed radio box that is easily accessed by simple removal of two clips, and the battery tray includes oversized hook and loop retainers to keep batteries safe and securely mounted even under the most extreme driving conditions.
Best of all, this beast is capable of extreme speeds and performance utilizing two 2S LiPo packs! Sure, it's possible to use two 3S packs in the Colossus XT without concern since the drivetrain, ESC, and motor are perfectly capable of handling that much energy. But are you?
- Shocks: Massive 25mm diameter aluminum oil-filled dampers with threaded spring adjusters allow for precise preload settings in conjunction with machined, hardened, and polished 4mm shafts for the ultimate in durability and control.
- Suspension: The unequal-length independent A-arm suspension design offers the utmost in durability without sacrificing precise steering, plush handling and bump absorption that inspire the confidence required to successfully endure massive jumps.
- DVP (Dual Vertical Plate) chassis design: Robust 3mm anodized alloy side plates with optimized cross-bracing creates a strong, lightweight, easily-maintained backbone to support the performance capabilities of the Colossus XT.
- Motor: The sensorless 1450kv brushless motor delivers massive torque and speed while utilizing a sealed, dustproof design for durability. The finned case design helps dissipate heat and provides a custom appearance.
- ESC: The Colossus XT includes a Hobbywing 150A speed control with forward/reverse and integral cooling fan with built-in stone guard.
- Transmission & Drive Train: Three fluid-filled, bevel gear differentials (F/C/R) combine to harness the massive horsepower available to the Colossus XT, while 6mm center driveshafts and 8mm dogbones and CVD's allow the truck to tackle terrain that would crush other monster trucks.
- Radio System: The 3 channel 2.4GHz radio system with digital trims provides solid, interference-free control, and the included 3rd channel pushbutton can be utilized to control a wide array of user-installed accessories such as lights, horns, sound systems or winches.
- Massive 25mm Diameter Aluminum Shocks
- DVP - Dual Vertical Plate Chassis for a Strong, Lightweight, Backbone
- Sensorless 1450KV Motor
- HobbyWing 150A ESC with Forward & Reverse
- Savox High Torque Steering Servo
- Three Fluid-Filled, Bevel Gear Differentials (F/C/R) to Harness the Massive Power
Dimensions: Length - 29.5in
Needed To Complete:
- (2) 2S Hard Case LiPo Battery Packs (2 required)
- (1) Compatible LiPo Battery Charger
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- Modeling Tools