Chisel 2.2" Rock Crawler Tires w/Memory Foam (2) (G8) by Pro-Line
This is a pair of Pro-Line Chisel 2.2" Truck Tires w/Memory Foam.
Pro-Line’s highly anticipated rock crawling Chisel tire in G8 compound is ready for your 2.2” rock crawler. Check out all that the Chisel has to offer and what people are already saying about the Chisel and G8 compound.
- A whopping 5.4” tall x 2.3” wide for maximum ground clearance and significant contact patch
- 9 different rows of tread for the ultimate in terrain diversity
- Open lug design enhances “grab” ability on a variety of surfaces. It also cleans out phenomenally in mud or snow conditions
- Remarkable side hilling capability due to strategic tread design and tread spacing
- Oversize memory foam included
- Optional 2-stage foam also available
- Utilizes a totally unique compounding process. Super soft yet maintains tread shape and carcass shape while climbing under the most extreme conditions
- Ridiculously long-lasting
- Specially formulated for all types of rock surfaces
This product was added to our catalog on February 13, 2009.
First, they aren't affected very much by temperature. They stick great when it's warm out and they stick just a tiny bit less than great when it's bone-chilling cold. All the other tires I tried had temp ranges where they worked well, but once the temp was outside that range, traction fell off rapidly. I'd put the Chisels back on and my crawler would easily climb what the other tires simply could not.
Second, while the G8 compound is extremely soft and pliable, they last a LONG time. I've been running my Chisels for roughly 2-1/2 years now, first on my AX10 and now on my XR10. Only now are the treads of the rears starting to look a bit worn on the front edges. So I swapped sides with the rear wheels (put the left on the right and vice versa). This reversed the tread direction and gave me new edges to use and the Chisels work like brand new again. I guess I get to use them for another couple years. I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of them.
Third, they don't pinch, a persistent problem I had with Rovers when running inclines on rock with sharp edges.
On my AX10, I found that the dual-layer ProLine oversized foams worked best, but have found that the regular OS mem foams that come with the Chisels work best on my XR10. Probably due to the fact that my AX10 wheels are weighted a whole lot more than the wheels on my XR10.
I love the height of the Chisel and that its width is a good proportion to that height.
I've not found another tire that works well across the range of surfaces and conditions that the Chisel does. If I was going to have only one crawler tire, it would still definately be the Chisel.)