Chinook Optical Tachometer G2 (Yellow) (2 Blades) by Western Robotics
FREE Shipping Eligible!
This item is eligible for Super Saver Shipping Learn More
This is the Western Robotics Chinook Optical Tachometer G2. The G2 Optical Tachometer is designed and manufactured in Canada with state of the art micro-controller technology. It's universal design enables it to determine the rotor blade speed of any R/C helicopter model in Revolutions Per Minute (RPM), with an aid of a large viewing window and LCD screen. It uses high quality robust components that guarantees the accuracy and optimization of the head speed in any condition.
Weight: 120 grams
- Reads a wide range of rotor head speed from 500 to 3300 RPM (Two Blade System).
- High accuracy RPM readings within 10 RPM
- Easy to use dial to adjust the RPM speed with onboard memory board to save RPM settings
- Large viewing window for clear visual of model's rotor blades
- Low battery unit indicator
- Operates on one single 9V battery (sold separately).
- On/Off Power Rocket Switch
- 3 Different Colored Versions
Weight: 120 grams
This product was added to our catalog on January 3, 2011.
Wednesday, Oct 25 2017 (5 months ago)
Western Robotics Chinook Optical Tachometer G2 (Yellow) (2 Blades)
It is an accurate tachometer so I'll give it credit for that. It is not a quality product at all. The disk spinning inside rattles terribly whenever the tach is tilted. It also rattles like crazy while it is spinning up to speed. It is like it is out of balance and hitting on something inside the case. Occasionally, the motor stalls and you have to switch it off and then on again to get it working. The battery is such a tight fit in the compartment that you have to pry it out with something, like a small screwdriver. For the money, it is very disappointing. I wish I had returned it when I had the chance. Stupid noisy thing, sometimes I feel like chucking it in the trash.)