The Castle Sidewinder 8th 1/8 Scale Sensorless Brushless ESC is an 1:8 scale sport level ESC that is perfect for entry level weekend bashers, or serious road warriors seeking the benefits of an affordable brushless upgrade. Capable of 2-6S LiPo operation with an 8 amp peak BEC, the Sidewinder 8th is the perfect upgrade for 1:8 scale buggies, truggies and other vehicles weighing up to 11 lbs that need more power. It is also a great upgrade for some 4WD short course trucks running on 3S or 4S.
Input Voltage Range: MIN:
- 2s - 6s LiPo (25.2V) use in vehicles up 11.lbs. with battery, ready-to-run.
- Sensorless motor operation.
- Large 6.5mm female motor bullet connectors (male connectors sold separately)
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30MM fan*
- Powerful 5.5 volts fixed, 8 amps Peak BEC
- LED error codes for common error conditions
- Smooth sensorless startups
- Convenient transmitter programming for nine common adjustable settings
- Full compatible with the Castle Link Programming Suite to modify settings and download software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (purchased separately), Field Link Card (sold separately), or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-Link Bluetooth Adapter. (sold separately)
2S LiPo - MAX:
6S LiPo (25.2V)
5.5V fixed, 8A peak
Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
Height: 1.33" (34.0mm)
Weight (with no battery connector):
3.52 oz. (100g)
6.5mm female bullets for motor connection.
Items Needed for Operation:
Battery Connector required, 6.5mm Castle Connectors are recommended.
Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 11 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.
Castle 15xx series motors, 1415-2400kv (Bullet connector change from 4mm to 6.5mm required)
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:
Up to 11 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run with batteries
Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (purchased separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, a Field Programmer (sold separately) or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-Link Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
Telemetry Link Capable:
Product Use Statements:
- Although Sidewinder 8 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Sidewinder 8 ESC
- User Guide and Quick Start Guide
- Castle decals