The Castle Creation "Sidewinder 8th" 1/8 Scale Brushless Car Package is a waterproof combo, capable of 2-6S LiPo, with an 8 amp peak BEC. This is the perfect upgrade for 1/8 scale buggies, truggies and on-road vehicles as well as 1/10 scale monster trucks weighing up to 11 lbs. This combo can also work as a great upgrade for some 4WD short course trucks for 3s or 4s operation. It also comes standard with a highly efficient ESC cooling fan.
- 2s-6s LiPo (25.2V) use in vehicles up 11.lbs with battery, ready-to-run.
- Smooth sensorless motor operation with included 1515-2200kv sensored** brushless motor
- Large 6.5mm female motor bullet connectors (male connectors sold separately)
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30MM fan*
- Powerful 5.5 volts fixed, 8 amps Peak BEC
- LED error codes for common error conditions
- Convenient transmitter programming for nine common adjustable settings
Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
BEC Specifications: 5.5V fixed; 8A peak
Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
On/Off Switch: No
Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
Length: 2.45" (62.2mm)
Width: 2.20" (56mm)
Height: 1.33" (34mm)
Weight (with wires): 3.52 oz. (100g)
Connectors:Weight (w/wires): 429g / 15.1oz
6.5mm female bullets for motor connection.
Recommended Motors: Combo includes Castle sensored 1515 2200Kv: Max Cells: 6s Lipo or 16 NiMH
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 11 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-Link Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
Input Voltage Range: 2-6S LiPo
Max. RPM: 60,000
Size: Length: 75.4mm Diameter: 40mm (41.4mm with fins)
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25mm
Cooling Fan: Optional, coming soon!
Connectors: 6.5mm male Castle Bullet Connectors, includes 210mm length sensor wire.
Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1/8 scale buggies, truggies, on-road vehicles and 1/10 scale monster trucks up to 15lbs. Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 1 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.
Product Use Statements: *Although Sidewinder 8 and Castle brushless motors are waterproof, they are not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless with Castle sensored capable ESCs.
- Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
- Sidewinder 8th ESC
- Castle 1515-2200Kv brushless sensored* motor
- Drivers Ed and Quick Start Guide
- Castle decal sheet
Needed to Complete:
- Battery Connector required (6.5mm Castle Connectors are recommended.)
This product was added to our catalog on July 18, 2019