Castle Creations Mamba Micro X2 Waterproof 1/14th Scale Sensored Brushless Combo now brings sensored brushless power to 1/14th scale vehicles. Constructed with the high quality components Castle Creations products are known for, the 1010 motor features precision sensored technology with the power to match. With an incorporated sensor board this motor offers precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts, plus the incredible power and longer run times that these highly efficient motors produce. When paired with a sensored ESC such as the Mamba Micro X2 this is a great option for rock crawler applications that require high-precision low speed control and torque for climbing. Additionally racers that need precision and predictability along with drag racers can benefit from this technology as well.
The Mamba Micro X2 ESC offers a maximum input voltage to 4s for increased capabilities as well as added data logging and CRYO-DRIVE technology that allows the ESC to run cooler and more efficiently at partial throttle. Like its predecessor, it is waterproof* and offers sensored motor support giving you the ultimate in throttle control.
: The Mamba Micro X2 will no longer include an internal BEC unit. Included with the Micro X2 ESC will be an upgraded external 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00). This external BEC upgrade will be supplied at no additional charge.
- Input Voltage range 2S-4S
- Upgraded external 10-Amp adjustable BEC included (CSE010-0004-00)
- Waterproof design
- Sensored Motor capable (with optional sensor harness)
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (coupon included with purchase) or the Castle Link App for Android or iOS and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately)
- Telemetry Ready (Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters)
- Auxiliary Wire Functionality allows for “on-the-fly” adjustments such as Max Power and Max Brake
- Audible Alerts that will notify you of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions
- Designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by manufacturer 1-year warranty
- Improved 4-Pole 12-Slot design boasts exceptional efficiency and produces less heat.
- QUIETSENSE technology shields the sensors from magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps your motor and ESC in sync at all times. Use of a Flux Shield in conjunction with secondary Sense Magnets delivers even higher precision and more efficient startups.
- An Optimized design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments. The sensor alignment method used delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically.
- Updated modern and sleek design; looks as cool as it performs.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-4S LiPo (16.8V Max)
- BEC: External 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00)
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof
- Cooling Fan: Not included
- Size (LxWxH): 41.6mmx29.4mmx21.3mm (1.64" x 1.16" x .84")
- Weight (with wires): 1.66oz (47g)
- Connectors: 3.5mm bullets
- Application Guidelines: 1:18 scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 3lbs.
- Programmability: Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (coupon included with purchase) or the Castle Link App for Android or iOS and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately)
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX Transmitters.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-4S LiPo
- Kv: 4400
- Max. RPM: 80,000
- Length: 59.5mm
- Diameter: 28.25mm
- Weight (w/wires): 5.17oz (146.5g)
- Shaft Length: 15mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: 2.5mm holes @ 14 and 16mm/3mm @ 19mm
- Cooling Fan: No
- Connectors: 4mm male bullets
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1/14th and 1/16 vehicles weighing up to 3lbs and up to 4s LiPo
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 3lbs
Product Use Statements:
- Applying voltages higher than 16.8 volts will cause irreparable damage to your controller, voiding your warranty.
- Minimum recommended battery capacity for 1:18 scale vehicles is 1500mAh. Castle recommends using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas Power Cell).
- Mamba Micro X has 3.5mm bullet connectors on the motor wires and the battery input wires are bare. You must add the connector of your choice to the battery leads. Castle recommends a high current connector rated for at least 40 amps.
- Although the Mamba Micro X2 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the controller may be waterproof, Castle suggests users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 180° F on the the motor or ESC.
Needed to Complete
- Mamba Micro X2 ESC
- 1010-4400Kv Brushless Sensored Motor
- Quick Start Guide
- Castle Decals
- External 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00)
- Battery Connector: Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Deans Ultra Plugs and XT60 are recommended.
This product was added to our catalog on November 17, 2022