The Castle Creations 1721 - 2400Kv Sensored Speed Run & Drag Race Brushless Motor was developed for experienced enthusiasts that are ready to take their extreme speed run and large scale drag racing setups to the next level. Ideal for running up to 8s LiPo in 1:8 and 1:7 scale vehicles, the 1721 features a mechanical design that boasts a stainless-steel sleeve to reinforce and strengthen the rotor for high RPM operation. Combine this with a massive 8mm stainless steel motor shaft, 8.0mm bullets and high strand, low resistance, silicone coated 8 gauge copper wire, and the 1721-2400Kv will deliver massive power and maximum top end speed.
NOTE: Please read all product use statements and disclaimers, as well as the usage warning located in the resources tab before purchasing and installing this motor.
!!!WARNING!!!Drag and speed run setups are inherently abusive and extremely hard on all electronic components. Every component in the configuration can be strained, weakened (or worse) without using extreme caution, observance of electric theory and advanced knowledge of all aspects of the RC hobby. High speed runs and drag racing are the most advanced, aggressive and volatile applications in the RC car hobby. Use of this product can result in catastrophic failures of the motor, ESC and/or batteries, as well as complete failure of the model, and potential damage to your surroundings. Important product use information is outlined below; following these guidelines will reduce the chances of failure but will not eliminate all risk. If you have any questions, contact Castle Creations customer service to help you get the most (as safely as possible) from your setup.
Warranty:Castle products are backed by the industry's best service and support. This motor is balanced and tested during manufacture and is warranted free from defects in materials and workmanship for 30 days following the original date of purchase. Due to the abusive nature of drag and speed run setups, Castle and AMain Hobbies are not liable for incidental or consequential damages to any equipment, including but not limited to ESCs and batteries, when using this motor and are not responsible for failures resulting from abuse, improper installation or setup, misapplication or alteration.
Product Use Statements:
- This is an extremely powerful motor designed for advanced and experienced users only. Below are suggestions for increasing your likelihood of success but it is not guaranteed.
- This is a VERY high RPM motor. Start with very conservative gearing (small pinion/large spur).
- Check your data logs, temperatures and setup closely after each run to ensure you are not stressing components.
- This motor is intended for single passes only; allow time between runs for the ESC, batteries and motor to cool down to ambient temperatures.
- This motor can pull very high amperages. Make sure your batteries, connectors and soldering are capable of handling the loads. Inadequate power can cause poor performance and damage the batteries and/or ESC.
- Do NOT free rev the motor with no load, particularly when running 6s or higher. The RPM output of the motor is much higher with no load as the kv and battery voltages do not drop.
- Set ESC timing to Lowest (0). This motor will pull considerably more amperage as you increase timing. This does not necessarily equate to more speed as it puts more strain on the batteries and causes the voltage to sag. Less is more sometimes.
- Do not exceed 33.6v when using this motor.
- Be sure your pinion and motor bullets are secure before and after each run.
Input Voltage Range: Min: 4s LiPo/Max: 8s LiPo (33.6V)
Max. RPM: 90,000
Diameter: 1.87” (47.6mm) at fins, 46mm at can.
Weight (w/wires): 816.4g (28.8oz)
Shaft Length: 22mm
Shaft Diameter: 8mm
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25.4mm (1")
Cooling Fan: N/A
Connectors: 8mm male bullets on 8 gauge wire
Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
Recommended ESC(s): Mamba XLX2
Running Modes: SmartSense™ (with Castle Sensor capable ESC), Sensored and an ultra-efficient Sensorless mode.
This product was added to our catalog on March 29, 2022