Optimized for No Prep RC 2S Drag Racing - High Torque Castle Technology
The Castle Creations 1412-6400kV Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Motor is a mid RPM design developed specifically for 2S No Prep RC drag racing. 12awg wire and 6.5mm bullet connectors have been combined with an application specific design that allow this motor to create big torque and high watt output.
During the design phase, Castle went with a slightly different approach than current motors on the market. Most no prep motors are standard 540 size with very high kv (low turn). These motors rely on high RPM and low torque to push the car down the track (think turbo charged 4 cylinder). The 1412 is longer than most drag motors, which provides significantly more torque, acceleration, and cooler temps (think American Muscle). This results in a high horsepower, snappy, cool running motor. Your final drive ratio will need to be decreased (larger pinion/smaller spur) to get the RPMs up for top speed; due to the size of the motor it will take just about any gearing and CHEAT timing you can throw at it.
Castle beefed up the design over a standard 14xx series motor to handle the high demands of drag racing. It uses a 5mm output shaft, 12AWG battery wires and 6.5mm bullets. Due to the high power nature of this motor it is highly recommended to use a 1/8th scale size ESC or larger. The 1/8th Mamba Monster X and 1/6th scale Mamba Monster X 8s are great pairings with this motor.
SMARTSENSE uses the motors sensors to start the motor to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA- EFFICIENT sensorless mode. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at all load points. Using mechanical timing adjustments alone, you can only target one driving condition, such as higher start power or higher top end speed. This sacrifices performance and efficiency during the other driving phases. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This allows users to combine the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless drive.
- 4-POLE 12-SLOT design boasts exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT
- Oversized gold plated solder tabs for LESS RESISTANCE and easy soldering
- QUIETSENSE™ Technology shields magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps motor and ESC in sync at all times
- HIGHER PRECISION and MORE EFFICIENT startups
- OPTIMIZED design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments
- Sensor alignment method delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically
- REBUILDABLE design allows users to replace front end bell with bearings or rotors with shaft
- ROAR standard sensor port and labeled connections
- High strength 180°C neodymium sintered magnets
- High quality, temperature-stabilized sensors
- High-purity, high-temperature copper windings
- Hardened stainless steel shaft
- 12 AWG high strand wire with 6.5mm male Castle bullet connectors
- Kevlar wrapped rotor
- High RPM NMB oversized bearings
- High quality 0.2mm steel laminations
- Low resistance gold plated bullet connectors
Input Voltage Range: 2S LiPo
Max. RPM: 75,000
Weight (w/wires): 283g (9.98oz)
Shaft Length: 21mm
Shaft Diameter: 0.197" (5mm)
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
Cooling Fan: Optional - not included
Connectors: 6.5mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
Application Guidelines: For 2WD Street Eliminator on 2s
Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Monster X, Mamba Monster X 8s
This product was added to our catalog on December 31, 2021