Black Jackets "EB" 1/8th Truggy Tires (2) (Blue) by JConcepts w/Elevated Bead
This product was added to our catalog on March 12, 2013.
This is a pack of two JConcepts Black Jackets 1/8 Scale Truggy Tires. The Black Jackets from JConcepts made their debut to success at the Dirt Nitro Challenge and Neobuggy events during the 2012 racing season. The Black Jackets, constructed from very small square pins, provide additional grip on loose conditions with a light amount of dust and debris across the surface. The tread spacing near the outside rows are slightly open allowing maximum flexibility to adhere to smooth and slick surfaces providing a reasonable flex contact patch. The crisp center bar construction provides a wall-like pattern of tread which provides additional forward bite and also resists some high-expansion wear associated with typical small pin tires.
The Black Jackets have a quick and nimble feel on the track which translates into quicker lap-times for the driver in certain conditions. During the 2012 Silver State Nitro Challenge, Ryan Maifield utilized the Black Jackets as his go to tire for the dusty conditions. The small pin construction made them ideal for the bumpy conditions while the center bar support allowed plenty of forward traction to climb up to a top spot on the podium. The Black Jackets inner ribbing features a repeated X-type ribbing which reduces the amount of tire expansion under power while still being soft and cushy for bumps and rutted sections. The high-performance tire includes JConcepts “Force-1” inserts to finish off a successful package.
- JConcepts small tread, spread lug design
- Heavy center lug design for increased forward bite
- Ideal spacing for performance and traction
- Tread spacing provides maximum flex for increased grip
- Available in Soft (Blue), Super Soft (Green), Mega Soft (Black) compounds
- Includes light-weight and durable Force-1 inserts
JConcepts Tire Compound Applications:
- Blue (Soft): All purpose compound. Excels in dusty, low bite conditions.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.
- Black (Mega Soft): Recommended for conditions 59° and under, or extremely loose conditions.