Bebop RTF Electric Quadcopter Drone (Red) by Parrot
This product was added to our catalog on June 13, 2016.
This is the Parrot Bebop Drone RTF Electric Quadcopter. Available in red or blue color, the Bebop Drone is a super-high-tech leisure quadcopter packed with features normally found on professional units. Equipped with a 14 mega pixel fish-eye camera, the Parrot Bebop Drone takes video and pictures of the world in a 180° field with remarkable image quality. Endowed with a fully digital technology of image stabilization, the Bebop Drone captures video despite the movements inherent in aerial footage.
With the combination of numerous sensors, the Bebop Drone provides impressive stability and great maneuverability when piloting with a smartphone or a tablet. The use of the latest Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO and of four ceramic antennas 2.4GHz and 5GHz ensures an unequalled reach. For extreme sensations, the Parrot Bebop Drone can be piloted with an optional controller compatible with FPV glasses.Freeflight 3.0: An ultra intuitive application
The Parrot Bebop Drone comes with a free piloting application, Freeflight 3.0, for iOS and Android Smartphones and tablets. The user-friendly application have been developed to be very easy to use allowing the pilot to focus on the pleasure of flying. Once on the welcome screen, the pilot accesses the following functionalites: Piloting, photos/videos, flight plan, Cloud "Pilot Academy"... Complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick...). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip!
Bebop Drone In-Depth Features:
- Built with safety in mind: The feather-weight ABS reinforced structure makes Parrot Bebop Drone robust and safe. In case of emergency, propellers automatically stop . The emergency mode enables the Drone to land immediately. Thanks to GPS, a Return Home function brings the Bebop drone easily back to its take-off point. Finally, EPP hulls are included in the pack and make indoor flights safer.
- Heavy weight technology - featherweight design: Parrot Bebop Drone delivers the best performances without sacrificing battery life: 8x times more powerful than Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 onboard computer, Bebop Drone navigation computer features a Parrot P7 dual-core CPU, quad-core GPU and 8 GB of Flash Memory. All are fixed on a magnesium shelf that acts as electromagnetics shielding and as a radiator. Runs on Linux with SDK available for Developers.
- Astoundingly stable: To ensure an optimal stability without compromising the maneuverability, the Bebop Drone analyzes data from numerous sensors automatically: 3-axes accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer. one ultrasound sensor with an 8 meters reach, one pressure sensor and a vertical camera to track the speed.
- 14 megapixels “Fisheye” camera: Equiped with a 14 megapixel "fisheye" camera, the Parrot Bebop Drone records videos and pictures in a 180° field with remarkable image quality. Endowed with a full-digital image stabilization technology allows the Bebop Drone to take remarkably stable and clear aerial footage regardless of the drone movements. Splash and dust proof lens! Action cameras often show horizontal lines distortion. In contrast, Parrot Bebop Drone camera delivers undistorted lines and as a result horizon is not curved anymore.
- Full HD 1080p video with smart 3-axes stabilization: Thanks to algorithms developed by Parrot engineers, the bebop Drone benefits from an exclusive 3-axes image stabilization system that maintains a fixed angle of the view, regardless of the inclination of the drone and its movements caused by wind turbulence.
- User-controlled 180° vision: Control the angle of the camera directly from the piloting application with a simple movement of the thumb. The shifting on the 180 angle is fully digital and independant from the drone movements.
- Embedded GPS with Flight Map control: The Bebop Drone integrates a GNSS chipset that associates the GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO data. Plan your flights on your smartphone/tablet by touching waypoints on your screen and let the drone do the hard part. In addition to increasing the stability in high altitude, it also allows autonomous flights and automatics return to the take-off position. With the recorded data (altitude, speed..), you are able to replay your flights modeled in 3D on the Parrot Academy map.
- Bebop Drone creates its Wi-Fi hotspot: MIMO Wi-Fi connection: The Parrot Bebop Drone generates the lastest Wi-Fi ac 802.11n network with 2.4 and 5Ghz antennas. Depending on the network interference, you can select the frequency of your choice.
Bebop Drone Specifications:
- Wi-Fi antennas: MIMO dual-band with 2 double-sets of dipole antennas for 2.4 and 5 GHz (Fig.7)
- Sending power: Up to 26 dBm
- Signal range: N/A
- 4 Brushless Outrunner motors
- Glass fiber reinforced (15%) ABS structure
- High-resistance EPP outdoor hull: Clip and unclip easily to adapt to indoor and outdoor flight, protects the propellers against potential bumps, can be removed to reduce wind factor
- Three-blade auto-block propellers in Polycarbonate with fast disassembly system
- Anti-vibration bumpers
- Camera with "Fisheye" lens 180° 1/2,3": 6 optical elements and 14 Mega pixels sensor (Fig.2)
- Video stabilization: Digital on 3-axes
- Video definition: 1920x1080p (30fps)
- Photo definition: 3800x3188 pixels
- Video encoding: H264
- Photo file format: RAW, DNG
- Internal memory: Flash 8 GB
- Extended memory: Micro USB
- Lithium Polymer 1200 mAh
- Flight time: Around 12 minutes
- Parrot P7 dual-core CPU Cortex 9
- Quad core GPU
- 8Gb flash memory
- All fixed on a magnesium shelf that acts as electromagnetic shielding and as a radiator
- Operating system: Linux
- Developing: Open-source SDK
- 3-axes magnetometer
- 3-axes gyroscope
- 3-axes accelerometer (Fig.6)
- Optical-flow sensor (Fig.8): Vertical stabilization camera (Every 16 milliseconds, an image of the ground is taken and compared to the previous one to determine the speed of the Bebop Drone)
- Ultrasound sensor (Analyzes the flight altitude up to 8 meters)
- Pressure sensor
- GNSS (GPS + GLONASS + Galileo)
- 28x32x3.6cm without the hull
- 33x38x3.6cm with the hull
- 380g without the hull - 400g with the hull
- iOS, Android Smartphones/tablets