Bandit 1/10 RTR Buggy (Hawaiian Edition) by Traxxas w/XL-5 ESC, TQ 2.4GHz Radio, Battery & Charger
This product was added to our catalog on September 21, 2016.
This is the Hawaiian Edition Traxxas Bandit Ready to Run 2WD 1/10 scale electric buggy, with an included Waterproof XL-5 ESC, 2.4GHz Radio, 7-cell 3000mAh NiMH Battery and Peak Detecting DC Charger. Now featured with this kit are the updated Traxxas iD connectors now included as standard equipment.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
The Traxxas Bandit redefines traditional buggy performance by creating a whole new class of Extreme Sports Buggy. Bandit offers the highest levels of speed, action, and fun that will easily make it one of your favorites for all kinds of R/C driving excitement. The lightweight Bandit chassis is loaded with an aggressive Titan 12-Turn modified motor and a high-current XL-5 Electronic Speed Control that deliver lightning-fast acceleration and incredible 35+mph* performance. Pull the trigger and Bandit rips massive rooster tails, soars over giant jumps, and lays down the power for pure performance and excitement at every turn. Bandit is infused with the latest tech including the patent-pending Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch and Alias high-performance 2.2" racing tires. The advanced dual-pin rear, and ribbed front tread designs are engineered to work with Traxxas' exclusive rubber compounds for superior off-road traction and directional control. The industry standard 2.2" mirror-chrome Tracer wheels open the door to a wide range of tire options, including the optional Traxxas Anaconda 2.2" street treads.
With Traxxas' exclusive waterproof electronics, Bandit can blast through puddles, mow through mud and shred snow. Your R/C adventures are limited only by your imagination. Jump it. Race it. Crash it. Bandit's legendary durability leaves everything else behind. Bandit is built Traxxas Tough to keep you off the workbench and deep in the fun zone. Plus, it's upgradeable with a full line of Traxxas factory parts and accessories for custom performance and personalization.
The Bandit is 100% Ready-To-Race right out of the box with the TQ 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system, waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control and Titan 12T motor. Just take the Bandit out of the box, add your AA batteries to the transmitter, charge up a battery, and drive!
Precision 2.4GHz Control Radio System
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of thier exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provided the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn't have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Bandit is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Bandit.
A System of Power
Being faster is more fun! Bandit's performance comes from a system of components that are engineered to work together for efficient operation and high-output performance.
- Titan 12T 550: The Titan 12T 550 modified motor is designed for brutal mod-motor power with virtually maintenance-free operation and long-lasting performance. The Titan's integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through cooling passages molded into the motor plate. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life.
- XL-5 ESC: The waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control tames the Titan 12T with high current handling, EZ-Set one-button setup, and smooth, high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, low voltage detection for compatibility with 2-cell LiPo battery packs, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all included features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. The XL-5 is the first electronic speed control equipped with the patent-pending Training Mode that limits full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the Titan 12T motor. Bandit is perfect for drivers of any age and skill level. Only Traxxas has it.
- Traxxas High-Current Connector: The High-Current connector is more than just another connector, it's a virtual fail-safe. Each High-Current connector is specifically designed to mate with the proper charger.
Engineered for Performance
The Bandit is fully loaded with engineered performance features such as the advanced Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch. The patent-pending design allows precise adjustment and delivers smooth, consistent traction control. The durable, fiber-composite chassis is designed for exceptional rigidity, and offers an inline battery position for a low polar moment of inertia. That's engineering speak that translates into nimble handling and lightening-fast response. The low-profile "lay-down" steering servo mounting system further enhances the Bandit's already low CG design. Bandit offers superior stability and cornering thanks to its centered kingpin and live axle front suspension. Transmitting the power to the wheels is an efficient 3-gear variable-ratio transmission, topped off with sealed ball bearings and smooth-running telescoping driveshafts. In addition to those advanced features, the factory-installed planetary differential is Traxxas-Tough with hardened steel gears that never need adjusting! Perfect for long-lasting, all-day fun.
Only Traxxas could put this kind of performance, innovation, and overall value into a Ready-To-Race package that delivers the satisfaction you expect from a high-performance electric buggy. Speed, ruggedness, and stunning looks elevate Bandit far above the ordinary. Traxxas' forward thinking and "no-nonsense" approach brings you the most performance for your R/C investment. Bandit is more than just fun to drive. It's easy to own, too, with legendary durability, low-maintenance design, and unmatched parts support and one-on-one service from either Traxxas or a network of thousands of hobby stores worldwide. On and off the road, at the track or in your backyard, the new Bandit is the ultimate Extreme Sports Buggy made for the driver who wants to experience max speed and all-out buggy fun.
- Waterproof electronics permit driving in water, mud and snow.
- Waterproof receiver box.
- High-torque Waterproof Traxxas 2056 steering servo.
- Powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan.
- Bandit reaches speeds in excess of 35mph using the included
- optional 31-tooth pinion gear.*
- High-performance waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control.
- Innovative watersealed design
- Three Drive Profiles
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- Integrated on/off switch
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Large heat sink
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Click here for more info.
- Efficient Magnum 272 three-gear transmission with ball bearings.
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection.
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system (patent pending).
- External gear cover with easy slipper clutch access.
- Reliable planetary gear differential.
- Telescoping U-joint driveshafts.
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis.
- Durable gray chassis components offer a fresh tech look.
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis.
- Easy access battery compartment.
- Easy to remove and re-install wing mounting system
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology.
- White powder coated shock springs feature a new responsive spring rate.
- Durable solid camber links eliminate the need for adjustment.
- Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability.
- Alias 2.2" step-pin rear tires and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction.
- Bandit's Alias step-pin rear tires come pre-glued on mirror-chrome five-spoke Tracer wheels.
- ProGraphix multi-colored painted body is available in red, blue, black, and silver.
- Bandit is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability.
Length: 16.25" (413mm)
Front Track: 9.84" (250mm)
Rear Track: 9.84" (250mm)
Weight: 48oz (1.36 kg)
Height (overall): 7" (178mm)
Wheelbase: 11.25" (286mm)
Front Shock Length: Long
Rear Shock Length: XXLong
Front Tires (pre-glued): Alias Ribbed 2.2"
Rear Tires (pre-glued): Alias Step-Pin 2.2"
Front Wheels: 2.2" Mirror-Chome (Tracer)
Rear Wheels: 2.2" Mirror-Chome (Tracer)
Electronic Speed Control: XL-5 Electronic Speed Control
Motor (electric): Titan 12T 550 (12-turn 550)
Steering Servo: #2056 High Torque Waterproof
Receiver: #6519 3-Channel Micro
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 10.17)
Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Transmission: Magnum 272
Chassis Type: Modified Tub
Chassis Material: Fiber-Composite
Skill Level: 1
*Battery Tray Dimensions: 139mm x 47.5mm x 28mm
Included Batteries: Traxxas Power Cell 3000mAh Battery (NiMH, 7-C Hump)
Required Batteries: 8 "AA" (transmitter)
*Battery expansion kit available (TRA3725X).
**With 7-cell battery and included optional 31-tooth pinion gear.
Needed to Complete:
- (8) AA Batteries