Baja 5B by HPI RTR 1/5 Buggy w/D-Box 2
Note: Manufacturer does not allow using discount coupons
FREE Shipping Eligible!
This item is eligible for Super Saver Shipping Learn More
This product was added to our catalog on January 29, 2016.The HPI Baja 5B is HPI's biggest buggy. The Baja 5B is huge, powerful and always ready for action. Now that this awesome large scale powerhouse is fitted with HPIís exclusive D-Box 2 you will be in full control of this massive 22 lb monster anywhere you go! With the power of a 23cc 2-stroke engine, rear-wheel drive and speeds in excess of 30mph, a little control assistance is a welcome addition! The Baja 5B has the huge size and amazing looks that will amaze your friends, and now itís more controllable than ever, thanks to the awesome D-Box 2!
Externally adjustable VVC/HD shock absorbers on all four corners and a super-tough, high torque large scale metal gear steering servo are included as standard equipment. The ultra-reliable TF-45 2.4GHz radio system, a big receiver battery and a battery charger are also included, so you can be ready for action in less time than you could ever imagine! The Baja 5B also features an extra-thick monocoque aluminum chassis, 700cc fuel tank for up to 45 minutes of driving before refueling, 2016 paint scheme and pre-mounted wheels and tires, so you are ready to rock out of the box!
The D-BOX 2 is your Secret Weapon
The D-Box 2 is a fantastic electronic aid for drivers of all skill levels, in any kind of RC car, on any kind of driving surface. No matter where you drive your Baja 5B, you will get perfect control thanks to the magic of HPI Drift Assist technology! The super-small D-BOX 2 simply connects between the receiver and steering servo for an amazing difference in your driving performance!
The D-BOX 2 has an amazing feature that improves response over other driving assistance systems when the gyro sensitivity is increased (Patented steering operation priority system) using the provided Mode switches. This priority system allows the steering inputs from the transmitter to have priority over the gyro. While the D-BOX 2 is perfect for all types of vehicles, this gyro correction is seen the most when used in high-powered off-road cars: increasing the throttle will not spin the car out, even in slippery conditions! The D-BOX 2 will also prevent sliding in sudden braking or steering.
Sensitivity Mode Switch
The HPI D-BOX 2 allows you to set 4 sensitivity modes using 2 switches. Mode 0 has the characteristics of the original D-BOX, with gyro compensation present from the steering action provided by your radio signal. You can get more steering control and less gyro compensation as you change the modes up to Modes 1, 2 and 3 - if you want earlier steering response through the transmitter and less from the gyro, simply change the mode to a higher number. Test drive the different modes to find the optimal driving mode for your preference! The D-Box 2 will help you drive smoother, faster and with more control - and it's fitted in the Baja 5B right out of the box!
TF-45 2.4GHz Radio System
The Baja 5B now includes the TF-45 radio system - a 3-channel, 2.4GHz radio that has all the most-desired features experienced RC drivers crave. Among its many features are Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital 2.4GHz radio technology, end-point adjustments and electronic failsafe protection, plus dual-rate, trim and reversing functions. It's also lightweight and comfortable thanks to its drop-down steering wheel, changeable grip size and padded steering wheel.
- Factory-assembled Ready-To-Run large scale gas-powered buggy
- Fitted with HPI105409 D-Box 2 Adjustable Stability Control System
- Latest Heavy-Duty drivetrain option parts installed
- Updated paint scheme
- 2.4GHz FHSS radio system with failsafe
- Extra-thick aluminum monocoque chassis
- Powerful 23cc 2-stroke engine
- Torx T27 engine screws
- 700cc fuel tank provides 45 minutes of driving
- High flow muffler
- 8,000 RPM performance clutch
- VVC/HD externally adjustable shock absorbers
- Long-travel extra-durable suspension
- Viscous torque differential
- All-terrain racing tires
- Super-durable real beadlock wheels
- Long wheelbase
- Enclosed radio box
- External battery charging plug
- Adjustable heavy duty racing rear wing
- Durable roll cage protects engine
- Gunmetal anodizing for super-cool looks
- Complete set of ball bearings
- 100cc of 2-stroke oil included
- 6V 3000mAh receiver pack and wall charger included
- 4 AA batteries for transmitter included
- Pre-Assembled 1/5th scale 2WD buggy
- Fuelie 23cc gasoline engine
- 2.4GHz DSSS radio system
- 6V receiver battery & multi region charger
- Painted body
- Comprehensive instruction manual
Needed to Complete:
- Pump Gasoline
- Fuel Can